Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Lurker needing some serious advice

My DS has been rolling since just before 4 months old. Since then he's definately become a tummy sleeper, but for the last few nights everytime i check on him he's sleeping face down into the matress with his hands up around his head and his butt in the air. I roll him back over, just to find him this way again not long after. So of course now i'm really worried about the risk of sids and i'm wondering if there are any suggestions on how to get him past this little phase he's in. thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lurker needing some serious advice

• jb2rnjb2rn member
    I would be worried as well, but generally if he can roll all the way, then he is ok.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I also really worry about SIDS, but if it makes you feel any better 90% of SIDS cases happen before 4 months. That always makes me feel a little better! I know with my first DD, I didn't really sleep much until she was 1 because I was in there checking on her all the time.Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO can't roll yet, but we use the Snuza Go monitor.  It clips into his diaper.
  • If you're really worried, you could get an Angelcare monitor.  I've always heard that once they can roll over on their own, the risk is lower though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have caught DD face down in the mattress as well. The general things I have heard about this is that if they do it themselves, they're fine. They would move their head if they couldn't breathe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The first time I saw LO like that in his crib I freaked out too, so you're not alone. Now when I see him I just flip him back over and he falls right back asleep. There's not much you can do and I think at this age LO will know what to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"