Attachment Parenting

Recommend your BLW foods

I want to try BLW when LO get's to solids but I don't know where to start. What kinds of foods are ideal to start with, for her grasp, nutrition and safety? I guess I'm just looking for recommendations and things that worked for your LO's when you first started out. Also would like to know some things that maybe didn't work out, as in too difficult for your LO's at first either to chew, bite or grasp. 

Side-note: Not wondering about appealing flavors, more so just what LO's were able to physically explore and safely consume at around 6 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your BLW foods

• Baked sweet potato "fries" in wedge or steak fry shapes

Wedges of avocado with the skin left on

whole wheat toast strips

strips of meat

broccoli trees and stem sticks

wedges of mango with the skin on

wedges of pear with the skin on, or the pear "core" with lots of flesh still on

yogurt on a big spoon or spatula

• We havent tried solids yet but I read a lot about avacados being a great first food for either BLW or if you wanted to just mash up and give to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • sweet potato fries (homemade, oven baked) and ripe pears were some of our first, iirc.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you haven't read the Gill Rapley book on BLW, that is the ultimate place to start. That said, I have a blog entry that shares everything we gave to DS his first two weeks of BLW. Essentially, we did bits of whatever we were eating...eating a sandwich--we gave him the tomato slice and lettuce; having pulled pork--we gave him some shreds of meat; eating pizza--we have him the crust. His first solid was a slice of apple. The only thing we held off on was nuts and honey.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"