Attachment Parenting
Options

Bali baby breeze or stretchy for first time wrapper?

I have a beco Gemini for wearing outside the house, but I'm really interested in a wrap for doing household chores and wearing to the store, erc that I can wrap on my own.  I have never wrapped before, so something easy is ideal, but also good for hot weather (it is already 80 and humid as heck where we Are).  From what I can gather a Bali baby breeze or stretchy may fit the bill. Anyone have one? What do u think?  Other suggestions? I'd like to keep the price under 100 bucks and I'm not comfy making one myself. Thanks ladies!

Re: Bali baby breeze or stretchy for first time wrapper?

• Options
    Go with the Bali, not a stretchy.  Over about 15 lbs, the stretchy (ie Moby) will sag too much.  The Bali has a bit of stretch, just enough to have some give and make wrapping easier.  it's t-shirt weight, so it can get warm while wearing, but I've worn my baby in 100 degree weather, and it's going to be hot no matter what you wrap in-babies are hot, fabric is hot, temp is hot.  It's very versatile, back, hip, front carriers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have read that the Bali Breeze can dig a bit more if you're a sloppy wrapper but it also encourages you to be a better wrapper quickly.  Wrapsody has a stretch hybrid wrap that may be a good option for you.  It is less stretchy than the traditional stretch wrap (Moby) but still wonderful for newborns and new wrappers.  The wrapsody stretch can hold supposedly up to 35 lbs and it safe for back carries unlike other stretch wraps.  I know several places have rental programs so you can actually try to wraps out.  Paxbaby.com has one that costs I believe $11 if you decide to buy one. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Bali Breeze is great!! Both kids were born in FL and I used it all the time. Now I live on an island in the Caribbean and still use it with DD for back holds pretty frequently (when she will let me, of course!). Any wrap is going to be a little hot at some times but this is not uncomfortable by any means. It's very versatile and can be used for such a long time. I think it's a very good investment! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"