TTC after 35
Options

SA looks good so now HSG

Happy Hump Day!

So my husbands SA came out great.  Of course, it has to be something with me!

Anyway, doctor wants to schedule a HSG.  I have read a little about it but would love to hear other's experience.

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SA looks good so now HSG

• Options

Just because it isn't him doesn't mean that it is you.  You could be one of the unexplained people.

There are varying reports on the HSG.  Most people say that it is no big deal.  I had to go to the hospital since I have a shellfish allergy.  Otherwise the RE would have done it.  The radiologist did not know what he was doing and could not do it the first time.  It was awful.  The second time, the RE walked a different radiologist through it and things went much better.  it was uncomfortable but not that bad.  Make sure that you take your own pad because the ones that they give you are like wearing a diaper.

Good luck.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It is most def a little uncomfortable, but not completely dreadful. I would  take something for pain beforehand and like mentioned above, a pad..you will need it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was uncomfortable, but only for a short time.  I had mild cramping for a day or 2 after.  Take whatever pain meds your doctor suggests and you should be fine.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    It is definitely uncomfortable.  Lots of pressure and cramping, but generally not excrutiatingly painful.  I bled a good bit right after, but it didn't last long.  Remember Advil is your friend, and take your own pad.  The hopital ones are big and bulky.  GL to you!
  • Options
    Mine wasn't painful, just uncomfortable (for a short time).  I took an Advil ahead of time.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"