April 2011 Moms
Options

Question of the Week

Sorry I have been on a hiatus! Been busy with life and last week I was focusing all my energy on taking care of a grumpy baby while I had a fever that ranged from 100 to 102 (no fun).

WIth the birthdays of our little ones fast approaching and already passed for some, I will ask a baby related question. What are some of your favorite things that you are looking forward to sharing with you LO as they grow up?

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question of the Week

• Options

Liam's schedule at night includes story time. I have delusions that he will let me continue this until he is leaving for college... Every night when I am reading him his bed time story I picture us cuddling on my glider while I read him the Harry Potter books. Hopefully even if he does not let me read them to him, he will enjoy the books and one day want his kids to read them too.

Another thing I hope my LO will love is the movie the Wizard of Oz. This was both mine and my BFs favorite movie growing up. I dream of family movie nights (once again, delusional).

Also, I cannot wait to take my son to his first baseball game and for my BF to take him to all sorts of sporting events. We are big baseball fans in this household. I remember going to the Astros games with my family growing up and having the greatest time. Some of the best memories I have with my father are going to see the Rice football games. They would pass out those long handle pom poms to kids and I would eat nachos. 

Hopefully LO enjoys these things too, but if he does not there are always new things to share that he will love! 

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I want to make popcorn balls at the first showing of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," as a kick-off to the Holiday season.  (Note--we did not do this as I was growing up, lol).

Holidays are an obvious thing to look forward to, but I can't wait to see her face the first time we take her to Disneyland, or a first sports event/dance/ whatever she might be into.

Stephanie Hsu
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh there are so many things.  Taking her to Disney, getting manicures, teaching her how to swim, ice skating, movie nights...I could go on and on. 

Watching her shake her little booty and her head to the music right now makes me sad that she's growing up so fast, I wish this stage lasted longer.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Aside from the normal holiday traditions -

Call me crazy but I really can't wait until she's older and comes to me for advice about friends/boyfriends/etc. I was really close to my mom and some of my favorite memories are of us sitting up eating ice cream and her helping me cope with whatever teenage drama I was into. Also every time I walk passed the American Girl store I get all giddy thinking of a time when I can take her for a girls day there while DH and DS hang out at the ESPN Zone! I also really want her to love reading and can't wait to share Little Women with her.

• Options
    I feel like a geek, but all I can come up with are things like a love of books, language, schoolwork, all that stuff. I think music lessons and things like that will be fun, too :-)
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"