Special Needs
Options

What do you do while your lo is having ABA?

Just curious if you hang out and watch the whole time or do you do laundry and cook dinner? I have twins so I try to keep one entertained while the other is with the therapist. 

On Monday we went to the park and that was a nice change of scenery and it was nice to have help with the boys. Do you take ABA with you to parks, zoos etc? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you do while your lo is having ABA?

• Options
    DD would have her ABA sessions in the dining room, which is open to the kitchen... I'd do kitchen stuff (washing dishes, cooking, etc.) if there was something I was particularly interested in observing. Otherwise, I tried to stay out of the way, but within earshot, usually doing chores, or if I was feeling lazy, on the computer. :)
    When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? ~Pam Brown
    Big Girl 2.7.06 ~ Baby Girl 9.2.07
    image7_0002
  • Options
    I'm usually doing laundry, putting away dishes, or playing with my older daughter. My DD does better if I am not in sight, so I try to stay away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    the 2 hours per kid done at my home usually take place in a separate room, so I stay out of the way. Occasionally I will be present. The other 10 hours per kid are center based, so I go out with my daughter while the boys get ABA.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm at work for both of his daily ABA sessions.  My parents watch him when he comes home from the center and my understanding is that he gets his ABA in the living room and they're usually in the dining room (grandpa's reading the paper) and in the kitchen (grandma's making dinner).  

I've been home a couple of times but unfortunately it's been because I was sick so I mostly just hang out in our apartment (we share a duplex) but I find myself sitting on the stairs trying to see if I can hear anything.  Listening to him interact with his therapist is very interesting.  It's a whole other side of him.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"