Pre-School and Daycare
Options

napping after pacifier?

DS finally got rid of the binky almost two weeks ago.  WHile he is still sleeping great at night, he has only taken two naps in the past two weeks.  He went from taking 3 hour naps to no naps and is becoming overtired and exhausted.  I'm trying to get him to bed earlier, but it is still not enough to make up the deficit.  Did this happen to any of you?  If so, did the nap eventually come back and did you find any helpful tricks for getting DC to at least rest during a designated period of the day?

TIA

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: napping after pacifier?

• Options

Got rid of the pacifier with DD1 at 27 months old. She stopped napping at that point. DD2 never used one.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD got her big girl bed for her 2nd birthday in January, and setting it up coincided accidentally with losing her last soother. And she stopped napping at that point. I knew the new bed would affect her naps, but I'm pretty certain that she eliminated them completely because she no longer had her soother. She has hardly napped since. But, DS also stopped napping at 2 years old, so my kids just seem to drop naps early. 

It's a challenging transition for sure! We've moved her bedtime a little earlier and that definitely has helped, but she still gets grumpy in mid afternoon (as does DS, and he hasn't napped in 2 years....).  Even though they don't sleep, both LOs still get "quiet time". 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS gave his paci up very late (3.5 - I tried before, but it just didn't happen. and I was pregnant and tired until then...ha!). anyway, that is when he stopped napping as well. It was a sad time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    DD put her paci in a Build a Bear in Dec (she was almost 3).  For the first week or so I kept her up 30 min - 1 hour later than her normal nap time, then laid down with her, rubbing her back, tummy, and face.  First few days I did it until she fell asleep, then started leaving while she was awake.  (Kind of like the Sleep Lady Shuffle.)  DD loves having this done, and it helps my very active girl relax long enough to realize how tired she is!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"