Single Parents
Options

new to this...

Im 26 weeks pregnant, and my SO just left me. He keeps telling me, see you in court, and he wont have an actual conversation. See, he thinks I was with an ex and cheating on him, when really I was at home cooking dinner for me and my mother. He thinks that he will get my daughter taken away from me when she's born just because, for the time being, im living with my mother and I lost my job for being pregnant. If he's not on the birth certificate, can he take me to court and do anything about getting her anyways? I was told two different things.

Re: new to this...

• Options

no one is going to take your baby

Your Baby's father is not married to you and in most states isn't allowed to be on the birth certificate unless he signs an affidavit of paternity and/or a court ordered DNA test proves he is the father.  AND in some states such as PA, even if he's on the BC still gives NO rights to the unwed father unless a JUDGE orders custody and he would have to file and PAY for it.

FILE for CS as soon as the baby is born.  Filing and receiving CS in no way changes or establishes custody.

Is your ex a lawyer?  Does he play one on TV?  Why would you believe he knows ANYTHING about your states custody laws?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    he listens to his friends who know people who work for CPS. I know I wont lose her, im just worried about him having visitation. I dont want  her bouncing back and forth between homes and he's living with his parents, his father is an alcoholic, and his sister lives there too with her two kids. Its too crowded there and I dont want my daughter to act anything like her kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"