Food Allergy

Please help! Eczema

My 3 year old has allergies to: Peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and citrus. In the last months his eczema which we are usually able to control is really bad. It is all over his legs. I have steroid creams and do baths nightly and coat his body with Vani cream. We used the Desonide steroid for a few days and it did not help, so I am reluctant to continue. Any other ideas? What works for your LO? Also any good sunscreen recommendations for sensitive skin and eczema?

Thank you in advance! 

Re: Please help! Eczema

• We are allergic to soy and possibly strawberry (that one not offical yet). We use Aquaphor head to toe for bad times, regular Eucerin cream for regular days.  For flare ups here and there we use Cortisone Eczema.  I think it's pretty new.  Becasue the Eucerin brand of products are the only ones that don't aggravate her skin, I went with Eucerin sunblock for kids.  I haven't used it yet - this weekend will be the first and I am praying to all that is holy we don't have a reaction!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you!

imagemel1358:

We are allergic to soy and possibly strawberry (that one not offical yet). We use Aquaphor head to toe for bad times, regular Eucerin cream for regular days.  For flare ups here and there we use Cortisone Eczema.  I think it's pretty new.  Becasue the Eucerin brand of products are the only ones that don't aggravate her skin, I went with Eucerin sunblock for kids.  I haven't used it yet - this weekend will be the first and I am praying to all that is holy we don't have a reaction!

• Loading the player...
  • I've found that Sweetsation Therapy organic calendula baby butter cream and Earth Mama Angel Baby bottom balm. I'm not sure if either of those would be OK with your LO's allergies. When my son has bad flare-ups, I usually add baking soda or epsom salt to his bath water. I keep the bath water lukewarm and limit his baths to 10-15 minutes, then lather him with lotion while he's still wet.

For sunscreen, we like Badger.

• I've had eczema since I was 8 mos. old; steroid cremes, Eucerin, Vaseline, (my mom even tried Crisco!) . One of my favorites is Noxema, which was originally created to soothe eczema (no x-ema)... if the rash is really, really severe with lots of raw skin, don't use (the menthol is probably too burny for a LO). But if it's moderate it might be an option.

Also, tea tree oil is supposed to be miraculous for it. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Charlie Boy!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
  • The Aquaphor baby wash helped a lot, and I also used Mustela baby wash and hypoallergenic lotion on her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have had great success with coconut oil. Give it about a week to see a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"