Parenting after 35
Options

Hello there and shopping clothes question

I have not posted here in a while, life has been so busy for me. Both me and DH trying to finish some research papers  while still not having a daycare option for Ian. We live in a really small place where there is 1 daycare only and they do not accept kids younger then 18 months. There are several women in the town that take care of kids and honestly I have not heard much good for any of them. A neighbour of ours is a SAHM of 3, so we tried taking Ian to her place for 1 hour a day to see how he does. That was over a month ago. Well, it didn't go so well. He cried for most of the time he was there. After two weeks we gave up on that and decided to wait uintil he gets a little older. At home he is doing great, happy and playful and chearful, but he wants constant attencion... Impossible to get work done while at home with him, and deadlines are approaching, conferences,... Arghhhh, I hope better times are coming. 

In May we are going to Macedonia and many of my friends have little kids. I would like to get a little something for all of them. Toys are not an option because they take more space in the suitcases, so I am going with a piece of clothing for each of them. Some of you here had recommended  a website from a company that makes inexpencive but nice clothes for kiddos. Can't remember the name... Where do you shop for your LOs?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello there and shopping clothes question

• Options

I shop mainly in consignment stores - but that may not be an option in your community.  Maybe you could post an ad on Craigslist asking for donations?  Just pack an extra suitcase filled with the donated clothes and then leave the suitcase there (is that an option?) 

some great online resources for nice kids clothes at discounted prices are Zulily.com and Babysteals.com (babysteals is a one deal a day though and would be harder to buy).

I'm not sure the quantity you're looking for - just a few friends or a couple dozen?

• Options
    I would like to buy presents for about 15 kids. And since I don't have time to shop in stores I will look for somethuing online. Thanks for the ideas Laura, I will check on the sites you recommended. Gap and Old Navy have good sales sometimes. I guess I should check them too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ug, that's a lot going on for you.

For cheap clothes I usually go to Target or Old Navy. They both have a lot of cute stuff, but keep in mind that ON sizes seem to run a bit small.

• Options
    Oh and hi! Big Smile
  • Options

Ok, found the website, did my shopping. They have a big sale too! If anybody interested, it is Naartjie Kids. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"