Babies: 9 - 12 Months

1st Diaper rash

I haven't had to deal with this in a while and previous creams haven't worked well.  What is your remedy for a bad diaper rash?

Re: 1st Diaper rash

• i slather on Baby Aquaphor at every change is by the next day its almost gone
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • If it's really bad with blistering, I used 3 days of Hydrocortizone creme 1X per day, and Nystatin (Rx) 4X per day. (per the pedi)

Otherwise, I wipe front and back (even if just wet), then DRY, then apply Desitin or other creme.  It's important to dry the area before applying the cream because if you don't, the cream actually keeps the moisture in, rather than locking it out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  I was able to find my recipe!
  • DS has only had diaper rash once and we used a wet wash cloth only to wipe and made sure he air dried completely, then applied A&D ointment. It cleared up in no time.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • When Ellie has open sores due to diaper rash we switch from Desitin to Aquafor or vaseline. It doesn't sting like Desitin can.

Lots of naked time or cloth diaper time with a loose prefold to get some air.

I've used the Aveeno bath soak but it says not to drink and Ellie chews and tries to drink from her bath cups so we don't use that anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The 2 times my LO had a diaper rash corn starch baby powder and letting her hang out with out a diaper for a few hours helped. I only used the creams at night to protect her skin because they didn't help relieve the rash at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"