Texas Babies

First Time Mom

Ok Ladies I am feeling a little lost with my newbie.  I am feeling like I'm going through the motions but not quite doing things the way that I want b/c I don't really know how to or what to do.  Can someone point me towards internet references and/or books to help guide me thru being a new parent.  I need a helpful resource to guide me through setting a routine and feedings and stuff like that.  I hope I'm not sounding crazy for asking.  TIA!

Re: First Time Mom

• Here are some books a friend (mom of 4) rec'd to me:

The Baby Book by Dr. Sears

The Happiest Baby On the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp

The No Cry Sleep Solution

The Breastfeeding Book by Sears and Sears

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto on the Happiest Baby on the Block! I mean I haven't been able to test drive it yet, but its definitely a good read.

I got tons of baby books at Half Price books over the past few months so don't forget to check there.

And always remember....babies don't come with instruction manuals so you learn as you go. I'm sure you've done a fabulous job thus far with your adventures in new mommyland so don't freak too much. I'm sure when those of us still waiting have our little ones we'll feel the same way at some point. Just keep lovin' on that little girl and you'll be fine!

Check out the 0-6 months board too, if they're sane. I haven't ventured there yet and not sure what its like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"