Military Families
Options

Summer deployment..

Any of you ladies with guys being deployed this summer? Mine is currently spending the next few months training for deployment.. Seems unfair to take him away from us before he leaves for a year :(:(
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Summer deployment..

• Options

It sucks but that's how they prepare for deployment. I know for ship deployments the closer to deployment they get, the more workups and time at sea they do.  They have to get certain qualifications done before they are allowed to deploy.

I would use this time to try and get yourself on a routine so when he finally does deploy it won't be such a big adjustment.

• Options
    imageGismo123:

It sucks but that's how they prepare for deployment. I know for ship deployments the closer to deployment they get, the more workups and time at sea they do.  They have to get certain qualifications done before they are allowed to deploy.

I would use this time to try and get yourself on a routine so when he finally does deploy it won't be such a big adjustment.

This is good advice.  If you don't live near family, now would be a great time to find a babysitter.  I have my sitter come once per week and the occasional night. Getting some alone time or meeting up with other adults sans kids is a sanity saver. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

MH left for a month a couple months before he left for A'stan. The training was invaluable, so I'm glad he went. It started 4 days after our wedding (he almost missed our wedding actually, lol), and I actually think the training was harder than the deployment, in a strange way, since we had less contact. H has a fairly dangerous job even when he's just training though.

I decided long before this trip that I was not going to be negative about it. Deployments are what they are, and one can either look at the negatives (absent husband, husband in danger, etc.) or the positives (extra $$, the chance to max out an SDP, a combat fitrep/eval, etc.). It's made this trip the easiest yet, just having a good attitude. 

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • Options
    imageWishIcouldbeinthe'stan:

MH left for a month a couple months before he left for A'stan. The training was invaluable, so I'm glad he went. It started 4 days after our wedding (he almost missed our wedding actually, lol), and I actually think the training was harder than the deployment, in a strange way, since we had less contact. H has a fairly dangerous job even when he's just training though.

I decided long before this trip that I was not going to be negative about it. Deployments are what they are, and one can either look at the negatives (absent husband, husband in danger, etc.) or the positives (extra $$, the chance to max out an SDP, a combat fitrep/eval, etc.). It's made this trip the easiest yet, just having a good attitude. 

well said :) Thank u!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine leaves in a couple weeks, but will be back before the end of the year....this will be our longest deployment, furthest away, and first deployment since having kids.  Blech.  He is guard and we found out that his civilian job is getting cut so when he returns he will have to look for something new... :-/
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    My DH is leaving soon and will not be back until his first LO is 2 ish months old. I feel really bad for him. But mostly I feel really guilty that I get to experience her being born and he will at best be able to experience it over Skype... and that is counting on a lot of luck!
  • Options

You are not alone, sweetie.

We just found out that I'm 3 1/2 weeks along and my man goes on deployment in July. I didnt want him to go before I found out, but now I REALLY dont want him to leave... 

We feel like this pregancy is a blessing yet he feels so bad that he has to leave me to have this baby while he's overseas.

I keep trying to tell him it'll be alright, but I know he still worries :/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"