Pre-School and Daycare

*Cute lunch check-in*

I usually go to the grocery store several times a week but we've all been sick so I only went once. As a result, this week you'll see pretty much the same foods over and over again. Luckily for DD, we had lots of berries, so she was a happy girl.

I recently found a new bento site that might interest some of you. https://www.neat2eat.com.au/blog/  She's got lots of pictures on there (there's a shopping section, but it's in Australia and most of her products are available for much cheaper on allthingsforsale.com or Amazon). But it's fun to look and get ideas from the pictures.

DD's first real "meal" after days of being sick. Most of this week's lunches are on the small side.

We have so much bunny bento stuff! This is packed in a Tupperware sandwich container, to give you an idea of the size. Bunny sandwich, some berries, a few tomatoes poked throughout and some Goldfish. She ate the fruit and a few nibbles of sandwich.

I think today's theme was "feed DD so she stops whining" :). Cheese sandwich with a seal pick balancing a grape atop his nose, two rows of grapes on picks and a few berries.

More bunnies! Triple-decker quesadilla covering up a few strawberries, more fruit in the front and a small container of taco meat which was declared "disgusting." I didn't think she'd eat it but it can't hurt to offer!

Elephants! Another quesadilla, this time with cupcake decoration details, fruit on elephant picks plus a few peanut butter pretzels and a hardboiled egg.

Finally, something different! Two mini sandwiches (I used Biscoff spread, but she didn't like it) with cheese hair, picks for the hats/bows and nori face details punched out with a cutter I have. Greek yogurt with a few sprinkles in the rabbit container, corn/bean salad (didn't like it), mini box of raisins and half a banana. I hope her appetite comes back soon!

Have a great week and PIP your cute lunches here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• Oh my cuteness. Where did you get the sandwich cutters?
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Which ones? The bunny-shaped ones are from my grocery store (I think they are all Wilton brand). The one with large ears is from this year and the others are older. The sealed sandwich cutter is called a Krustbuster, and I got it on Amazon a few years ago (but you can find similar items in grocery stores now, too.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"