Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

swallowed a marble?

There is a slight chance my 10 month old swallowed a marble from hungry hungry hippos..........i hate not knowing for sure....I will call dr in morning but would you worry and take to ER for xray or wait to see if it passes?  I feel horrible....The game was on a shelf....i turned my back to clean some toys up, and our friends toddler took it off the shelf and my son was there next to it and when I realized it was on the floor to pick it up there was one marble missing....ugh

Re: swallowed a marble?

• Options
    I would call your pedi and see what they recommend
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As long as LO isn't choking, all should be well, but I agree, call your pedi and see what they say.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely call the pedi tonight. You will probably be told to wait it out, so long as LO is not choking. Not much else can be done. Hope it 'comes out' okay.
  • Options
    I'm just trying to imagine a 10 month old trying to poop out a marble.. that might be painful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'll be interested to see what your doctor says.  My LO's (TMI) poops are generally bigger than a marble so I don't know that she would have difficulty passing it.  But I'm still curious to see if he/she would be concerned.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies.  I FOUND the marble!!  YEAH!!!!!   It wasn't inside my 10 moth old!  Thank goodness!
  • Options

imagechatty6176:
    Thanks for the advice ladies.  I FOUND the marble!!  YEAH!!!!!   It wasn't inside my 10 moth old!  Thank goodness!

That is definitely a good thing. Glad to hear no marbles were eaten.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"