January 2011 Moms

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• 1.       Relieved my bff did not receive bad news yesterday.

2.       Just not in the mood to work this week. Working too  many hours lately.

3.       So glad the drama from the weekend is over.

4.       Excited to host Easter dinner. I want to do some sort of contest, like guess how many jelly beans in the jar with a prize, but I don?t know what the prize should be?

5.       Disappointed in someone.

6.       Nervous to start sewing Whitneys curtains, I don?t want to mess them up.

7.       Thinking about Taco Bell for lunch. Nom nom nom.

8.       Looking forward to going to the spa for the day this weekend.

9.       Hoping it warms up just a little so W and I can walk more this week. Too cold yesterday.

10.   Excited for a play date for W w/ Rosie next week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. I cannot wait for 16 & Pregnant tonight!!!!

2. Our A/C is broken. Again. The guy just replaced a part last week, all was well until the compressor died again. I wish they'd just replace the damn thing. Or let us move out early.

3. Why does DD always get hiccups right before a nap?

4. I'm excited for our new computer to come. I need to clean off my desk before it gets here.

5. The glucose test for GD yesterday sucked and now I have a bruise on my arm.

6. I can't believe I still have 3 more months to go. I'm already huge and uncomfortable and achey. It was not this bad this early with DD.

7. It's sweet that people want to send stuff for DD, but we really don't have room for a bunch of knick knacks. I wish they'd stick to practical items.

8. I'm pumped for the new season of Deadliest Catch. I thought it wasn't coming back this year, but it is! :)

9. Madonna needs to just retire.

10. I just found out that DD's pedi isn't going to be at their office anymore. We are going to try one of the other people at that office, but if we don't like him we'll probably move to a practice that's closer to our house.

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  Hellloooo.  I miss the bump.

2.  I really wish work would slow down.  I need time to breath. 

3.  I also miss fb.  Only like a week and a half left until lent is over and I can check to see what is going on. 

4.  I have been obsessed with painting my nails lately.

5.  My birthday is tomorrow!

6.  I am starting to worry DS is going to be very spoiled. 

7.  I agree the weather needs to warm back up!

8.  I want to go see the Hunger games.  Has anyone seen it yet?

9.  I should not be allowed to go to Target.  I always spend WAY too much money there.

10.  I have the next 2 days off and can't wait!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. signed up for parent-tot swim lessons at the Y for April

2. Decided H & I are going to make quarterly estimated tax payments to the IRS so we can avoid owing a big chunk.  I don't trust us to set aside the money, this way it's in smaller, more manageable chunks.  ETA: we are not rich, H is self-employed and doesn't have withholding on his income.

3. Really need to start carving out time to exercise. I don't have the energy, and I know it's because I DON'T EXERCISE ENOUGH.

4. I will be in Toledo father's day weekend if anyone (Rosie and MarSam?) want to have a GTG at the Toledo Zoo???

5. Have to finish a side job project tonight (re-organized files in my old boss's storage unit).  It was a PITA but I made enough money to cover the first estimated payment due April 17th in #2!

6. Miss the smallness of having a baby but am loving the toddler phase so far.  I just find my kid hilarious and adorable.  Even when she throws a fit (knock wood).

7. obsessed with mint.com and creating financial goals and budgeting.  I am determined to be debt-free with a good savings account...I don't care about rich (I never will be), I just want to be on super solid financial ground.

8. H bought a bag of reese's eggs.  I brought five of them to work today (oink)

9. Despite #7 above I am quitting one of my side jobs.  I spend too much time doing them and I want to have that time back.  Working full time + one side job is enough.

10. We are going to get rid of cable and go with Hulu+, Netflix and an XBox Kinnect (sp?)

• 1.  I have some 'friends' who are getting on my nerves by giving my name to people selling stuff - first it was a HS student with Cutco knives & now it is a financial planner.  GRRR!!

2.  DH has just finished a round of working 8 straight 12 hour nights.  He goes back to work tomorrow morning :(  Due to the way taxes work out - he brings home lesss when he works 7 days then when he works 6 days.

3.  My boss called this morning and asked if I thought I could make a visit to our factory in Italy.  I only need to be there 2 days and he told me to plan one extra day so I could see some of Venice.  I could do this on DH's 7 day break and he would not even need help with child care. I hope this one pans out.

4.  Youth hockey is never-ending.  We finished one season Saturday morning - we start the next one tomorrow night.

5.  I have so much stuff piled up to do at work it is ridiculous.  I am on lunch hour right now - glad I bought in leftovers - it is chilly outside.

6.  We took Justin's friend Anna to hockey with us Saturday. They have been friends since 6th grade - they had a disagreement in 7th grade and her parents jumped all up in it- which lead to us having a falling out with them.  Justin & Anna being good kids made up and because best of friends again within 6 mos.  I have missed having her around - she has been kind of like the daughter I never had. I enjoyed sitting in the snack bar and catching up with her.

7.  I can't believe I sat and debated with myself whether it was ok to let Justin take a few Ludens Cherry throat drops (active ingredient pectin) to school due to all of the hysterical zero tolerance rules.  Yes -I let him take them.  He is having terrible allergies and that is the only relief I can send with him for the school day.

8.  I sooo want to go back to Target and see what other toy deals I can find.

9.  I have sucked lately at planning meals.

10.  I stayed up late last night reading stuff I found on a manager in our company via a google search.  It was all kind of funny.

• 1.  Hoping to get some answers soon.

2.  I just had left over pizza and it was delish!

3.  I'm so excited for this weekend.  We are going to a house warming party and going out for two of my friend's birthdays.  We will be taking some bus like thing so it should be fun.

4.  Two of my friends find out if they are having a boy or girl today!!  I'm so excited for them (they lost a baby right before this)

5.  I think Cooper is teething, he is showing all his usual signs of teething. 

6.  My H's work is having their Christmas dinner tonight so I guess I'll have to cook my own dinner. :(

7.  I got really excited reading Doodles TTT.  See ya in Toledo!!

8.  I have playdate with Marsam and W for Monday and we are pretty excited.

9.  Cooper will randomly give me kisses, very sloppy kisses.

10.  Its freaking cold out.

• 1. Set up the kids outdoor cottage this weekend, which led to hours of fun and play. I heart anything that keeps them distracted for 30 minutes, let alone 3 hours!

2. Mad Men is back, enough said!

3. I hate the old people looks I get when I have Emily in her carrier... WTF is wrong with wearing my perfectly content, quiet baby A-holes!

4. Aiden was eating strawberries today and every time he took a bite, he would yell "get in my tummy!" I have no idea where he got that, but I busted a gut every time :)

5. My friend suffered a horrible loss this week and I can't stop thinking about the unfairness of it all.

6. My H made me dinner last night, bathed and put the kids to bed, so I could go to sleep early without being asked.... I love him so much :)

7. I'm so pale people have to squint when I wear shorts.

8. My legs have a 5 o'clock shadow by 9am.

9. Pretty sure this baby is another girl stealing whatever is left of my beauty after Emily ;)

10. It's so nice out. I don't know why I'm inside on the computer. 

• 1. Even though it's the coolest it's been out in awhile, it's beautiful out and I'm loving having all the windows open.

2. We already went for a walk today and played outside but I'm thinking of taking E out again after this nap.  She loves being outside and it helps wear her out.

3. I just ate a nice big bowl of chocolate ice cream and could really go for some chips, but we have none.

4. I have to make something for this huge potluck thing and I have no idea what to make.  It has to be cheap, simple, and make a lot.  Any ideas?

5. A friend is watching E for me so I can go to the potluck even though I know a couple people that are taking their children.  I want to be able to actually socialize, enjoy a meal, and get information on DH's deployment without chasing a toddler around.  

6. I have to pee but I'm to lazy to get up and go to the bathroom.

7. E is on her second nap of the day, she hasn't taken 2 good long naps in so long.

8. I'm making a grilled bbq chicken wrap for dinner and I'm really excited about it.  I want a buffalo one but I'm out of blue cheese. 

9. Yes, I know you're not supposed to eat soft cheese while pregnant but my ob is like me and believes that it's fine in moderation.

10.  I feel like days have been dragging since DH left and I'm ready for them to speed up again.

• 1. Chasing a toddler on crutches has sucked!

2. My foot is starting to feel better.

3. Finally made an appointment to get our taxes done next Tuesday.

4. Wish we had the 80 degree weather we had last week

5. Our house is under agreement

6. The search for a new house is on, I wish I could get excited about moving but I am not at all

7. I spent way to long today looking at pintrest

8. We have no groceries in my house and I don't thin dh has any plans of going, neither do I until I am off crutches

9. We ordered a new BBQ grill this past weekend, I love to grill cant wait for it to come in.

10. Dh is headed to Spain for work next month for 3 weeks I am slightly jealous but I am sort of looking forward to him being gone and having the house just ds and I 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"