Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Beautiful clothes in the wrong size!

One of my parents friends--loves to buy my daughter clothes. She buys so many outfits for her, and they are all designer clothes. (lavish AND casual!) Of course, she has never actually met my daughter--who is on the smaller size, so she is going by the size on the tag--and corresponding to her actual month. So now she has beautiful clothes--meant for the summer, in the size of 18 months. My daughter is right now roughly in 6-12/6-9 size still. 

Of course, I can't return them for the smaller size, since they weren't bought locally--and naturally I love the outfits :) I really hope that a) my daughter ACTUALLY reaches a growth spurt or b) can wear them the following summer.

Ugh. :(  

My daughter is my hero.

Re: Beautiful clothes in the wrong size!

• Options
    You can send them my way! :) Just kidding, what you can actually do is have her wear them anyway!  Summer clothes in the wrong size aren't a problem because even if she fits them out of season you can always put a long sleeved onesie under it (I've layered a onesie over a onesie before no problem).  It's winter clothes off-season that are the problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    nattnnattn member
    She could get there this summer! Don't give up hope! DD's just over 18 lbs. and can easily wear 12m and 18m clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD1 was in 6-9 month clothes when she was your daughter's age, and by the time she was 16-17 months she was in 18 month clothes. So you could still get some wear out of them at the end of summer, depending on how she grows. Or layer with onesies/sweaters/tights like PP mentioned - I do that A LOT for DD2 so we can re used DD2's clothes :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Post pics of the clothes, and we can style them for you! Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"