Birth Stories

it could of went way better but kaileyann got here safe anyway :)

I went into labor Thursday evening, it was funny because i was suppose to head to the hospital that night for a inducement in the morning. i got to the hospital in serious fast labor. i was contracting every 2 minutes,  an hour later i was at a 9 and got my epidural. Here is where it all goes wrong, the stupid midwife on call comes in and tells me my daughter had meconium (spelled wrong) which is when she took her first poop before she was born, and it had gotten into her lungs, slowing down her heartbeat and that she was in distress. but then she decides oh your at a ten now how about we wait 3 hours for you to push!! I didn't fully understand what was going on because they hadn't told me anything at the time except she had meconium. by the time i finally got to push her heart rate kept coming and going and they had to pull her out literately. when she was born she was not breathing i did not get to hold her, and she only scored a 1 on her agar it took them over an hour to get her stable. the doctor comes in to see what when wrong and learns that the midwife had not done an emergency C-Cetion because of the severity of the meconium she should have, and that she had made me wait 3 hours to push. (she got in serious trouble) so my daughter and me had to go through all of this over the inexperience of a midwife. i will never get over that. I could have lost my daughter because of this
"I'll love you forever I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be"
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: it could of went way better but kaileyann got here safe anyway :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"