Pre-School and Daycare

List of words for Sight words flash cards?

I want to make DS some sight words flash cards. Does anyone know where to find a good list of recommended words?

Re: List of words for Sight words flash cards?

• www.mrsperkins.com is a great site for every age.

• I'm curious why you think sight word flash cards are necessary right now? Is it something he's super interested in?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Unless he truly is asking for flashcards, I would just make your home print rich.  You can label everything in the house clearly with words to increase his word recognition and to help him associate the word with the object.  This is common in preschools and primary classrooms. Also, read aloud daily, let him see you reading for pleasure, do nursery rhymes/songs, talk about rhyming words, etc. I think embedding it into your day is more developmentally appropriate than flashcards.  Just my two cents.

• imageedwardo:

Unless he truly is asking for flashcards, I would just make your home print rich.  You can label everything in the house clearly with words to increase his word recognition and to help him associate the word with the object.  This is common in preschools and primary classrooms. Also, read aloud daily, let him see you reading for pleasure, do nursery rhymes/songs, talk about rhyming words, etc. I think embedding it into your day is more developmentally appropriate than flashcards.  Just my two cents.

I agree 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"