Parenting after 35

Postpartum Relapse?

So here's a strange one for ya. Had a nasty bout of postpartum depression/anxiety with DD. It lasted nearly two years and went away on its own. I never took any medication. Now she is approaching 4 and I've been doing really well. Even considering getting pg with #2. Until today...

Took DD to BounceU and watched her on some of those more "dangerous" rides. Not sure if this triggered something in me or what, but since we left I have been experiencing a lot of my PPD/A symptoms (e.g., racing and intrusive thoughts of something bad happening to DD, shallow and rapid breathing, stomach pains, shakiness, feeling weepy). 

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Postpartum Relapse?

• Sorry for the lack of responses... we're usually full of opinions here!

Don't have much experience with that, but I think this sounds more like your general run-of-the-mill anxiety attack.  Best consult with your dr... some of that anxiety is pretty normal, but irrational fears, etc get a little more concerning.

Hope you feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mwdmwd member

I have experienced similar symptoms, mostly within a few days of my period. Do talk with your doctor, as they might be able to track it to hormonal changes. Good luck, and know we are normally a good sounding board!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrsmatto:

So here's a strange one for ya. Had a nasty bout of postpartum depression/anxiety with DD. It lasted nearly two years and went away on its own. I never took any medication. Now she is approaching 4 and I've been doing really well. Even considering getting pg with #2. Until today...

Took DD to BounceU and watched her on some of those more "dangerous" rides. Not sure if this triggered something in me or what, but since we left I have been experiencing a lot of my PPD/A symptoms (e.g., racing and intrusive thoughts of something bad happening to DD, shallow and rapid breathing, stomach pains, shakiness, feeling weepy). 

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  

Like BB said, it sounds like run of the mill anxiety plus pregnancy hormones.  If it continues or gets overwhelming, definitely talk to the OB.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"