January 2011 Moms
Options

Words?

Have all the Jan 11 babies said their first word? (I'm not saying this to make you worry. It's still not necessarily a problem.)

What was your LO's first word?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Words?

• Options
    Nope. She says stuff, but until it's in context or directed at the correct person/object, I'm not counting it. She does say "bay bay bay bay bay..." when she's looking for her baby doll and then will be "beee" when she actually finds it, so I guess she *kind of* says baby.
  • Options
    Nothing.  He is more of a grunt and moan kind of guy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Joshua has three that he is using consistently and correctly:

MaMa - says it when he sees me - does not call either grandmother by this name so I feel that he really identifies it with me

DaDa-  same with DH - deos not direct it to grandfather or uncles

Bye-Bye - He says bye-bye consistently when we are leaving or when he wants to go somewhere

There are several things I think he is trying to say but I am not positive he is saying them.  I think he is trying to say kitty and brother.

• Options
    Dada and Hi, or Hi Dada! Have been consistant for a month or so.  She just started to say mama on Friday.  Im honestly not sure if she just discovered the M sound, or if she is associating it with me yet.

• Options

She says 'hi' really well, and she'll call H 'da', and when he walks in a room she'll say, HI DA!  I get just plain HI!  I find that really confusing, because stringing words is only supposed to come way after she has more than 2 words.  Though I guess that's all you need in sequence?  She makes no sense.

I think she also says 'see', but it's new as of this weekend.

• Options
    imagebroccolitree:

She says 'hi' really well, and she'll call H 'da', and when he walks in a room she'll say, HI DA!  I get just plain HI!  I find that really confusing, because stringing words is only supposed to come way after she has more than 2 words.  Though I guess that's all you need in sequence?  She makes no sense.

I think she also says 'see', but it's new as of this weekend.

I agree, Whitney is definitley saying "Hi Dadda"  I don't get it.

• Options

Kitty- he's done it once to a cat on tv as well, so I'm fairly sure he understands

DaDa- for daddy

BaBy- for his brother, but it takes prompting

And he says Muah! when giving or blowing kisses.

Now, none of this is frequent except for the kisses, but I count it since he uses them correctly.

• Options
    Dada.  Followed by Uh-Oh, Mama, Cheers (pronounced "chee" while clinking cups), Bye-Bye (only sometimes though, she usually just waves) and the new one is "Wow!!".  She also says "what is that" but it sounds like "By da ba?".  She was saying it so often I finally figured out she was asking us to name stuff.  Now we play that game all day long....and then ask her "where is mama's nose?" "where is Shiloh's belly?"  "where is the sky?"  and watch her point to stuff. 
  • Options

imageDoodle2011:
    Dada.  Followed by Uh-Oh, Mama, Cheers (pronounced "chee" while clinking cups), Bye-Bye (only sometimes though, she usually just waves) and the new one is "Wow!!".  She also says "what is that" but it sounds like "By da ba?".  She was saying it so often I finally figured out she was asking us to name stuff.  Now we play that game all day long....and then ask her "where is mama's nose?" "where is Shiloh's belly?"  "where is the sky?"  and watch her point to stuff. 

Isnt that funny when they say things and you are like WTF are they saying? For months now, Whitney has mumbled something that sounds like "I do it" on a daily basis too.  I find that I do say "I'll do it!" to her, when she is trying to get into something. So I have no idea if she is mimmicking me, or if it just totally SOUNDS like she is saying "I do it"  I  in no way think she can say things like that yet, but maybe I am not giving her enough credit. I have no idea. lol.  I think I will just choose to believe she is saying it, and she is a baby genius. lol

• Options

Re: multiple word utterances

They usually start between 18 and 22 months. I think that 'hi daddy' doesn't completely count as a 2-word utterance. Or at least, I think it's good but I wouldn't get as excited about that as if they said "more cheese" or something. For things like "I did it", "thank you", "what's that?" at this age it's often stored as one "word". So, they might say, "I did it" but would ever say "Daddy did it". Ya know?

Sweet - I think your LO is saying "baby". It doesn't have to sound exactly right. DD says "bu" for 'book'. It clearly refers to a book even if she doesn't have the final consonant (they won't get the final consonant of many words for a while).

DD's first word was "tickle tickle". She says tons of words now. But then again, we play speech pathologist all day long because I just can't help naming things and doing activities. She doesn't really have a name for me. "Mama" is her general complaint. Her newest word is "no". Our conversations today sounded like this:

DH: Can I have a huge sweetie?

DD: no!

me: Do you want cheerios?

me: Do you want a drink?

me: Where did you get those scissors? How did you reach them? Give me the scissors!

• Options

Em says:

Ni Ni - for goodnight and will say "Ni Ni, Da Da" to DH but not to me :(

Da Da

Mommy- She used to yell "MA!!!" at me but DS started calling me Mommy and she picked up on it and does the same now.

Hi

Bye Bye

Baby

Mine - This one just started this week and I am so sick of it already :) DS didn't start MINE-ing things until almost 24 months. But Emily is bossy...  

• Options
    I'm guessing Cooper needs to step it up and start talking soon :)
  • Options

imageRosieBcheeks98:

My sisters kids didnt speak until about 19 months, and it was slow from there. Now at 3, their vocab is amazing.  I bet Cooper will just explode one day.

• Options
    imageMarSamWhitney:

imageRosieBcheeks98:

My sisters kids didnt speak until about 19 months, and it was slow from there. Now at 3, their vocab is amazing.  I bet Cooper will just explode one day.

This and no one else on this board had a kid walking at 9 months. Cooper reminds me of Aiden. He was way more focused on physical activity at this age than talking. I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Options
    Kain can say:  dada, mama, dog, cat, no, uhoh - also our dog's name is coal and we call him Coalie Kain has started calling for Olie when he wants to feed the dog, or have the dog sit near him, or if the dog is outside waiting to come in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS can say mama, dada, dog, bird, dont!, no!, buh bye, ball, milk, num num's (food) and what's that?  yes, he asks what's that?  all the time.  We dont know where he got that from.  He started becoming quite the chatterbox in the last month or two so I suspect he will be taking off from here! 
  • Options

imageRosieBcheeks98:

I agree with ffejs - some kids are just way more motor and then switch gears. Did he babble (e.g., ba ba ba ba) around 8 months? Does he articulate now even if you can't make out words?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"