Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Why does she wake up so soon?

My DD sleeps through the night -- goes down without a peep and I don't see her again until morning.

I have rearranged naptimes and feel I have found the optimum schedule.  Only problem is that DD wakes up about 20-30 minutes into EVERY nap.  If I lay down with her immediately I can coax her inot falling asleep in my bed for another hour.

Why is she doing this? and how can I get her to stay asleep?

Re: Why does she wake up so soon?

• Options

I think that this is very common, but many moms don't realize their babies are doing it because they wake up quietly and go back to sleep quietly.  My LO used to wake up like clockwork after about 30 minutes into a nap.  I got blackout panels for her room and it REALLY helped.  She would sometimes still wake up, but I would let her be for a bit and she'd go back to sleep.  Now she naps an hour to an hour and a half.

A couple of times I've had to let her nap in the stroller or car due to trips for my husband's work, and those naps only last 20-30 minutes.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Your LO could just have very short sleep cycles. Also, is that naptime at a time of day where she is tired enough to take a long stretch of sleep? Maybe she needs to go down sooner/later. If she isn't tired enough, or is overtired, it could be causing the short length in naps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"