March 2011 Moms

New baby on the way!

Hi ladies,

Sorry it's been so long...! So...Amelia will be 11 months old tomorrow, and I found out like a week and a half ago that we're pregnant again. To be honest, I was/am a little disappointed, and I feel horrible for that. I was always saying I missed being pregnant and wanted to have another baby, but I just didn't want it to happen so soon! Not like it's anyone else's fault but ours ;) So our babies will only be about 17 months apart I think, because this one is due October 25th. I really didn't want to get pg again until this fall or winter but things happen that you don't expect I guess. People keep telling me they will be really close this way, and best buddies. We'll see. I just don't even know what to think about it. I hadn't even given a thought to having two kids to be honest. What I mean is, I never pictured myself with two. Just having one keeps me busy! Plus I am in school and am supposed to graduate in December, so I don't know how I am going to swing that. Breastfeeding will be super hard because next semester I have my clinicals for 5 weeks in November/December I think. That's 4 days a week, 8 hours a day as far as I know. Just like a job. So anyways, anyone else going through this yet? What are your thoughts?

BFP: 7/21/2010 EDD: 3/30/2011 Heard HB of 140 bpm 8/24/2010 Heard HB of 165 bpm 9/13/2010 and saw LO with U/S Big U/S 10/19/2010--Still Team Green!! :) HB of 150 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New baby on the way!

• I suspect I may be pregnant again my period is super late but we have been completely careful so I don't know for sure. I'm giving it a few more days and praying for a period. We planned to be one and done! I work full time and at 4 months went back to work. I pumped during the day and at night to keep my supply up. Just be sure to pump as much as you can to keep your supply up and you should do fine. Good luck!!!
  • Congrats! my sister and I are 17 months apart, and I love it. :) I am sure it will be hard, but you can do it! I want another baby now but I want to lose some weight and get in better shape first. I know that makes no sense, but I feel like my body needs to be at a better place before TTC. If it happens, it happens though!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're expecting again already too! Our new addition is due in September so they'll be about 18 months apart. My son keeps us running around crazy constantly so I can only imagine what it's going to be like with that AND a newborn. Everyone I've talked to says it isn't so bad but I'm still pretty hesitant to believe them. Our little guy has been starting to go through the mommy separation anxiety thing and constantly wants me (and only me) to hold him...I'm hoping it passes a little before the baby is born, otherwise  he's going to break my heart. I know what you mean about the wanting to wait, we had just talked about maybe trying this time next year and I took the positive test the next day. Talk about a shock!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"