Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I hate this! Vent, NBR

It really bugs me when people ask what you want and make it sound like they are open to anything.  Then as soon as you say what you want, they counter with something else.  It really, really bugs me.  Why do people do that?!  This just happened to me and I feel like I want to bring it to the attention of the person who did it. But I am going to wait a few minutes, cause it I am a tad bit emotionally charged.

Re: I hate this! Vent, NBR

• O. M. G!  My MIL does this constantly. 

MIL:  Do you want me to make you my kidney beans over potato specialty?

Me: No thanks, we have a fridge full of food.

Sends it home with us.

MIL: Go try on this jacket; I'll buy it for your Xmas gift if it fits. 

Me:  Doesn't fit, but thank you anyway.

She still buys it.

And onnnn and onnnnn and onnnn

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But why? why do they do it?  In an isolated event it doesn't bother me as much, but when the same person does it often it's really upsetting, it's like they don't even care what we are saying.  Sorry to hear yours is MIL, that can be a sticky one to deal with.

• Loading the player...
  • It could be worse!  My FIL has once asked what I wanted for my birthday, once what DD wanted for Chanukah.  Both times I told him of course he didn't have to get anything, but he insisted so I suggested a couple of reasonable things.

He didn't send anything either time.  You know, I didn't need a birthday present and DD didn't need a Chanukah present, but since he asked, I held off on buying those things because I expected to receive them.  Now I feel both disappointed and that I'm being demanding!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"