Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Can I ask without offending?

I'm throwing a shower for my sister-in-law.  I had asked her mom a few weeks ago if that was okay (didn't want to step on toes) and she said that was a wonderful idea.  She offered to let me have it at her house b/c she has more room.  So on the invitation, I put her name, my name, and my mom's name.  I've covered everything from the games, to the cake, to the decorations.  The only thing left is food and two prizes for the games.  Is there a nice way I can ask to see if she wants to help?  Split the cost of food? Ask her to do a fruit and veggie tray?  I don't want to ask her to do too much, but I also need a little help with cost.  Thank you!

Re: Can I ask without offending?

• Options

You can't ask her - you offered to throw the shower so it became your responsibility to put it all together.

I'm sure if you mentioned needing help she would offer, though.  

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    nattnnattn member
    If it were me, I'd ask my mom to help out. You put her name on the invite, right? Is she actually contributing anything? Otherwise, like pp said, you offered to throw the shower. When I've thrown a shower, I plan on doing the whole thing and then if people offer, I take them up on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenattn:
    If it were me, I'd ask my mom to help out. You put her name on the invite, right? Is she actually contributing anything? Otherwise, like pp said, you offered to throw the shower. When I've thrown a shower, I plan on doing the whole thing and then if people offer, I take them up on it.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What my BF did when she threw my shower is to ask my mom if she would like to help plan it.  When my mom said yes, she explained what she already had planned and asked what my mom would like to contribute.  Worked out well for both of them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You offered...i wouldn't ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"