Single Parents
Options

How to tell parents...

I've been trying to put off telling my parents and family in hopes of him coming back to us. He's not going too and it's time for me to share this with someone else. I just don't know how I will tell them, I will be the first in my family to have a divorce. My family is very Christian and this is onlying making me more nervous. How did you tell your parents/family?
OLD NESTIE///NEW NAME

Re: How to tell parents...

• Options
    I just told them. I sat them down and told them. I explained that what they have as their opinions at this point would not matter, but I would really appropriate and need their support at this time. My parents are not religious, I'm sorry, I know how hard it is to tell people. Be strong. Don't let people back you into a corner and try to surround yourself with positive people, True friends and family will emerge and you will see what true love is. Good luck Hon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Telling my Mom was one of the hardest parts of this whole process for me so I totally understand where you are coming from.  If your parents haven't been seeing the signs then they may be a little shocked and not know what to say.  Or they may have had an idea all along and you are just confirming their suspisions.  Give them a chance to give you the support you need before you assume they will judge you.  They just might surprise you.

Good luck! You can do it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know they will be shocked...that's what worries me a ton too.
    OLD NESTIE///NEW NAME

• Options

My uncle is a Methodist minister. He once said God would rather his children not be in a bad situation than to stay in one. There is no shame in ending a relationship or having someone leave you. Sit down, with a box of tissues, and tell them what happened. They will be there for you, even if it takes time for them to understand.

I think my parents were more upset that I hid from them I had left my baby's father. I didn't want them to worry. They had it in their heads he was perfect. He wasn't. Eventually, my mother accepted that.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"