Military Families

skype delivery

Has anyone here skyped their husbands in on the delivery of the baby while their husbands were deployed???
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: skype delivery

• I've never done it but I have heard of some of the Base hospitals that do set it up in the room if requested.  I would talk to whatever hospital you're delivering at and if they are willing to do it.  Then contact your DH's command see if they are willing to setup a private station for him.  Goodluck!
  • I am suppose to have a skype delivery in July. My DH's command suggested it and said they will set up a private room for just him and will keep him close to base until I have our LO. I'm not having our LO at Naval though, I will be in a civilan hospital because Naval WILL NOT set up for a skype delivery where I am ( Plus I wanted my OB of choice). I'm hoping and praying everything works out the way it has been planned. Wishing you lots of luck! I hate my hubby will not be there in person but, this is second best.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't done it, but it is a possibility with this LO.  I contacted my hospital I will be delivering at and they are fine with it.

I would check to make sure whatever hospital you are going to have a wireless Internet connection, if they allow this, and then if you have to bring your own laptop or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The hospital where I delivery isnt military but I'll keep in mind to aks my doc if I can skype my husband in she know hes deployed
  • imageNeshacouture:
    The hospital where I delivery isnt military but I'll keep in mind to aks my doc if I can skype my husband in she know hes deployed

I'm delivering at a Civilian hospital as well.  I would check with the hospital for their policy and not just your doctor.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the heads up
  • Yes. We did this back in October because my husband was deployed. Our doctor did not allow video, but he said as long as it was just Skype and no recording that he was perfectly fine with it.  My husband was there almost the entire time and the doctor was really great about it.  The doctor talked to my husband, introduced himself, and then once they cleaned the baby, the doctor actually took the baby right up to the laptop.   Even during the delivery, the nurse moved the laptop from one place in the room to another because they had moved around and they wanted to make sure that he could see.   Of course, having him there would have been ideal, but Skype did work out well for us.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"