April 2011 Moms

DD has no interest in toys

She would much rather have the remote controls, cell phones, tupperware containers, cereal boxes, baskets of her socks and shoes, etc.  Oh, and she has figured out the fact that the remote we give her to play with does not have batteries and that is not acceptable.  (Odd, since we never have the tv on when she is home, but she knows what it should do).  Luckily, my DH is a tech guy, so we have "real" spare cell phones, keyboards and other accessories to keep her going. 

My family has been asking what to get for her birthday and I really can't think of anything.  She is more in to climbing/running/exploring than any actual toys! 

No real point to my post, but just wondering what other LO's are in to these days?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD has no interest in toys

• She also loves the remote control and playstation controllers.  She loves her toys too though and climbing on things.  For her birthday she's getting a water/sand table and a climber (one of those little plastic things with a slide).

We play outside most days, with balls and climbing on everything in site.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My son is the same way.  He only likes the "real stuff."  I let him play with an old (real) phone, but it didn't light up or turn on, so he lost interest in about fifteen seconds (not kidding).  He almost never watches TV, but is obsessed with the remote control.  I think he's only seen TV on Sunday afternoons when my husband is watching sports in the basement?  So the fact that he knows how to work the remote control is freakish.  

If he sees one of us pull out our cell phone he cries and cries, reaching for it.  Ugh.  It's embarrassing when we're in public. 

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"