Parenting after 35

Stroller for Toddlers - Charlie Update

Hello! Charlie will be 2 in June and I feel like he's outgrowing his Graco Lite Rider stroller. He is walking, but he tires sooner than we do and likes to wander. Basically he still needs to use a stroller some of the time to rest and nap and I am not sure what kind toddlers typically use. I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions. Thanks!

I know it's been a while since I posted, but Charlie is doing great!  He has been diagnosed with a 37% speech delay and will finally be starting therapy on Thursday!   Here are a few recent pics:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stroller for Toddlers - Charlie Update

• PeskyPesky member
    I'd probably look to an umbrella stroller of sorts.  Maclaren is top of the line.  I have one from Step Ahead or whatever it is called and it works great.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Hey there!   My DS has been in EI for a speech delay since he was 2--so you already have a head start there. I just know he'll catch up.

As for a stroller... it all depends on what you want to spend.

I like a lightweight stroller that folds compactly and has a higher weight limit. I have a Britax Blink (since discontinued but they have a new style). I chose that because the weight limit is 55 lb and Aaron is already 35 lb. I wanted the Chicco Liteway or Capri, but the weight limit on both was around 40 lb.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Such a cutie! We've been doing the stroller debate too. We got rid of our Quinny Buzz that I hated, it was tippy and the little wheels drove me nuts. We need something that was the "smaller" profile for when we have the quick trips and such, because shopping with the kids and getting groceries was getting tight having our P & T Sport in the back of the van, it takes up too much room (we are keeping it, it still gets a lot of use). I've had to consider size too, S charts well above the 95% for height.

So here's what I found that is compact and works with tall lo's. City Mini, UB Cruz, BJ Versa, Mamas & Papas Urbo/Sola, and P & T Smart. All are well made, compact when folded (esp the Urbo/Sola and Smart), have growing room and work well outside of a mall. We're still months off the Cruz and Versa here, DH hates the Mini, so we're down to the Sola and Smart (DH doesn't want to spend $$, the Urbo is out even though he likes it). So, either trade and save comes to BRU and I can convince them to give me the deal on the Sola (sometimes M&P is excluded), or I get the Smart.

• I recently bought a new lightweight stroller. I typically wear my daughter, but she is 31lbs and I am pregnant, so there are some days that I am just not up to lugging her around. She does walk quite a bit, but we typically leave the house by foot for hours at a time and it is nice to have options.
    I settled on the uppababy g-luxe. The newer models have a 50lb limit. I liked the size of the tires, the fact that it reclines, and how light it is, 11lbs. It folds really quickly which is important, because Ilike to take it on the bus. The g- lite is much less expensive, but does not recline and has smaller wheels. 

Glad to here that Charlie is doing so well. 
  • Wow - he is no longer a baby but a cute little boy! I have been happy with a City Mini. It is lighweight enough and folds with one hand, but roomy enough even for J who is 4.

• This is the one I mostly use now that Adrian walks more and I don't have to carry around a big diaper bag full of stuff. I love the fact that the handles are tall enough for me (I'm 5"10") and it's easy to toss in and out of the trunk. This is the one we also use for traveling. I also have a Baby Trend Expedition for the park but it's too heavy for loading in/out of the car. And I still have the first one I bought which is the Graco Metrolite (I think it's called MetroRider now?). That one's the most comfortable for Adrian but I hardly use it now that he's not in the stroller that much.

Babies 'R Us Deluxe Stroller - Geo Print (it also comes in pink)

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Well, I just looked up the weight limit and it's 33lbs. Adrian is 37. Oops. We're still using it though, it seems to hold up OK.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Great pics. Glad to hear he qualified for services so you can get the support! As for strollers, some simple umbrella and invest in a three wheeled scooter as he will likely want to go it alone in a few months and with the scooter he can keep up.

Enjoy! 

• Thanks all for the tips!  I just ordered The First Years Ignite.  I should have it in about a week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"