Two Under 2

Babies after mirena?

Hey everyone, I post mainly on my birth month board & 6-9 months but I was just curious of any of you mommies conceived after your mirena was removed? Or if you had any difficulties doing so? I also have a few other questions but I will just see if anyone replies first! TIA :)

We are currently trying for baby number 2 & just had mirena removed! 

Re: Babies after mirena?

• I had the Mirena in place for 4 years. When I had it removed, it took about 2 months to get back on a regular cycle. We conceived the very next month. No problems here!
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had the mirena in for only a few months and had it removed after experiencing symptoms similar to pregnancy.  We got pregnant on our 4th cycle after it was removed (3 cycles TTC).  The mirena actually causes your uterus lining to be thin and some/most doctors recommend waiting 2 cycles after it's removed to TTC. 

There's a few women on the SAHM board (usually where I participate) that had problems conceiving after mirena.  One woman in particular had 2 previous pregnancies (both conceived the first month they tried) and then it took her close to 8 months after the mirena was removed.

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my mirena removed after a year. I was told that the uterus needs time to heal so I was on Yaz for a month. 2 cycles later we concieved. I had a missed m/c so at 10 weeks I had a d&c. 3 cycles later (1 was annovulatory because of the flu) we concieved again. I wouldnt say it caused any problems im not sure what was the reason for my m/c I thought it was the reason but who knows. Good luck!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks everyone for your replies! Seems everyone has totally different or similar stories! I have been trying to chart, temp and use opks but since all my spotting/withdrawal bleeding it's been a bit frustrating! Guess when it's our time it will happen! 

& sugarbaby07 I'm sorry for your loss :( I have read a lot about m/c after mirena but my dr told me that m/c is 1 in 4 so maybe it didn't have anything to do with mirena. But I am glad you conceived again! Congrats :) 

• Yea at first I blamed Mirena but now that im way past the situation things happened like they were supposed to. Good luck to you!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got pregnant 1.5 months after mirena removed! I had it for 9 months total..it took 2 weeks to get my period and we conceived that first month. GL! =)
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"