Preemies
Options

Duplicate Post from 0-3mo; If you were on bedrest please read

Hi, 

I'm jumping boards for a bit, as I think you guys would be better able to help. 

My friend's water broke Monday at 24 weeks. She is now on strict hospital bed rest until delivery - however long that may be. This is her first child, baby's dad is not in the picture, so visiting from friends/family may be a little more infrequent.

I am trying to put together a small bag of things for her. What are some things you appreciated having or wished you could have had with you.

Thanks! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Duplicate Post from 0-3mo; If you were on bedrest please read

• Options
    Im sorry to hear this. Lots of T&P's that she can keep her LO baking for weeks to come. When I was on hospital bedrest things that were invaluable besides the electronics were: a blanket and pillow from home, a body pillow (you get really really stiff and sore sitting in a hospital bed all day!), facial cleansing wipes, a book of games like soduku or crossword puzzles, magazines, various snacks. My sister made me one of those paper link chains so that each day I made it through I could rip off a link. It was the highlight of my day! Oh and DH brought me a plant for my hospital room. Everyday I thought about how one day I would plant it in my yard when I break free from the hospital.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I wasn't on hospital bed rest but was on bed rest for each pregnancy.  One thing that really helped was having a Netflix account.  I started watching new shows I never did before.

Also, frequent visits would help her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lurking here (DD was a preemie), but I've been on modified bed rest for the last 4 weeks. The biggest thing that lifts my spirits is a visit! Whatever you can do to visit your friend in person will bring just a bit of normalcy to a really hard situation. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thanks,

I plan on visiting, but the pregnancy was not well receieved by family and not all her friends know... so others who might visit, may not be aware. =(

I'm packing goodies to bring to her tonight. =)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was in the hospital for 50 days before having my twins.  

Outside food!!!!  I loved my laptop, Netflix, and visits.  Pregnancy pillow, blanket, shower supplies, lotion, and humidifier were helpful. 

Also, you might be able to have people send cards. I got cards pretty much everyday that I was there.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    "Normal"  shampoo, conditioner, and body wash!  Slippers, magazines, bottled water, snacks, and a plant or flowers.  It can make the hospital room surprisingly less sterile when there's a plant and snacks available.  Make sure she has her own pillow or a good pillow case too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMay524:

I wasn't on hospital bed rest but was on bed rest for each pregnancy.  One thing that really helped was having a Netflix account.  I started watching new shows I never did before.

Also, frequent visits would help her.

Netflix was essential!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    i was in the hospital for 32 days on bedrest. People brought me snacks, mags, books, movies....outside meals bc hospital food is terrible. The best thing was also when my sister gave me a pedicure!
  • Options
    When I was on hospital bedrest (my water also broke at 24 weeks) a friend brought me a big bag of stuff from Whole Foods - Burt's Bee's peppermint leg lotion, lip balm, nice shampoo and conditioner, Newman-Oh cookies....just things that made the hospital feel more homey. Other than that, I appreciated visitors (friends used to come after work and we'd get Chinese or pizza and hang out), DVDs, magazines, etc. Good luck to your friend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"