Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Your favorite homemade household product

I used to make my own laundry soap, shampoo, etc. After my divorce and renting rooms from people and all that I got lazy and just quit doing it. I've wanted to get back to it but didn't start making the effort until this pregnancy. I can't find any of my old recipes.

So what are your favorite homemade household product recipes?

Re: Your favorite homemade household product

• Options
    Take orange peels/rinds and put them in a quart glass [mason jar works GREAT], fill remaining space with vinegar. Let sit for around 10 days, than strain the liquid out into a spray body. GREAT all-purpose cleaner. Vinegar is a great natural astringent and the orange makes it smell really nice. Found the idea on pinterest and I'm hooked!
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
    I love my bs/acv hair care. I use 1/4 cup bs in 20 oz of tester for shampoo and 1/2 cup vinegar in 20 oz of water for conditioner. The. I massage lavender oil into my scalp post-shower. It smells so good!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like to use baking soda and peroxide to brush my teeth about once a month, it is a really great whitener for your teeth it gets rid of all the everyday staining. I never use it more than that but have been told not to exceed once a week, that is how strong it works! Anyways almost anything can be cleaned with a lemon, vinegar, and baking soda... I know I have a link, here is one about vinegar: https://www.vinegartips.com/Scripts/ anyways the other poster said pintrest and I have found lots of recipes on there like this one I haven't tried: https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/01/get-rid-of-armpit-stains-for-good-make.html#more

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Options
    I really like making my own glass cleaner (spray bottle of 1/4 c. vinegar + 2 c. water) and all-purpose cleaner (spray bottle of 1/8 c. borax + 1 quart hot water).  I also clean my wood floors with 1/4 c. vinegar + 1 gallon warm water.  I make my own bathroom air freshener spray with essential oils, vodka, and water.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"