Natural Birth

My 11lb 12oz baby boy was born this AM

Just a quick update since I have never been more exhausted in my entire life. I went into labor at 4pm on Wednesday and labored at home for 32 hours never getting past 3cm. The contractions started 5 minute apart and easy to cope with. By midnight they were 2-3 minutes apart and crazy intense. By 4am they were either two minutes apart or stacked one right after the other with no break....worst ever. We did that until 11:30pm on thursday when i finally said i needed to go to the hospital. I hadn't slept and I was throwing up all fluids and solids. I intended to get the epi,get hydrated and sleep, but they refused to do a TOLAC (hate that they're using that phrase) unless i got an ultrasound. Going through all of this while contracting was the worst experience ever. It almost seemed like they were doing it to make me suffer. So anyway, the u/s estimated him at 12lbs 1oz, but I was still ready to fight for the epi and sleep before a decision was made. Our midwife who I trust more than anyone sat us down and talked to us about the pros and cons and actually said she would do the repeat csection based on all the info we had...not just the size estimate. We agreed to the c/s, but I wasan emotional mess. After all that intense laboring I was going to get cut open... I finally got the epi at 4am and Keegan was born at 4:24. I spent an hour with him this morning but he has been in the nicu since then because his oxygen levels were low. I miss him.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

Re: My 11lb 12oz baby boy was born this AM

• Congratulations on your sweet little boy, Jessimurph! I'm sorry to hear it was such an ordeal, but it sounds like you did a fantastic job in handling it. Hoping he gets out of the NICU and into your arms soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy, I bet he is so cute!  I will pray that he is back in your arms real soon.  For now try and get some rest, you did so well mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations mama! I'm so sorry the VBAC didn't happen but wow it sounds like you really gave it everything you had, leading up to the birth and while in labor, and I hope you take pride in that. 11lbs 12oz is no joke!

I hope your son gets released from the NICU soon and that your recovery goes well. I want to give you a great big E-hug for everything you have been through to get this baby here and the courage you had to go for it in the first place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congratulations!  I think your story is a perfect example of how we have to plan for what we want, and sometimes it just doesn't turn out how we want.  I hope your sweet baby is out of the NICU soon and back into your arms. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congratulations mama! I'm so glad to hear you and Keegan are safe and sound. You fought like a trooper! No shame there, you were more than diligent in trying to make your VBAC work. I hate that you don't get to be with him right now. I'd be a mess about that too. Pretty soon you'll be together and going home though. I can't imagine he's failing to thrive too badly being born at nearly 12 lbs and at 41 weeks. Hopefully his oxygen levels will pick up quickly. So proud of you Jess! You did awesome. Hope your recovery goes quickly and smoothly. Sending you ehugs from over here too!

Thanks for letting us know how things went. We've all been anxiously awaiting word and hoping the best for you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats, Jessi!  I am sorry that the VBAC did not work out and that Keegan is not with you right now.  I hope you will be able to take him home very soon.  It sounds like you had a very intense labor and did awesome.  Congrats again and I can't wait to see pics. :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your big boy! I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted but now go snuggle your sweet LO!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Congratulations on the birth of your baby.  You must be so tired, but you can be proud of how you prepared and handled things. Have been thinking of you so thanks for the post.  I hope you guys can get back together very soon.

All your efforts are of great value--you cooked that babe till he was ready to be born, and I hope you can have peace about his birth knowing you gave the VBAC your best shot and made informed decisions about how you wanted to birth your baby.

• Congratulations on your baby boy!! Like PP said, it sounds like you were a serious trooper throughout the entire L&D - you should be proud of yourself :) I hope your son is in your arms and out of the nicu asap!! 

• Oh my. I don't think DD was as big as your son until 3 months or so. Congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Congratulations! It must have been hard seeing your plans not go as expected, but it sounds like you did the right thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congrats Mama! You did such a good job! I'm sorry your VBAC didn't go as planned, but you did an amazing job, showed great strength, and had an amazing support team; no shame in any of that! Welcome Keegan! I hope you can snuggle him and bring him home soon :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations on the both of your son!  I hope you get to be with him very soon!
  • Congratulations!  I am so sorry you didn't get the VBAC you were looking for.
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • Oh my god, I've been shopping for clothes this week and after seeing all those 0-3 month/8-12 lb. sizes, all I can think is "you gave birth to a three month old...."  Congratulations to you, I have read some of your posts and know you really wanted the VBAC but that is one *exceptionally* large baby.  I just hope I have the tenacity you did when it comes to natural birth, I'm so afraid I'm going to chicken out! 
  • Congrats!! What an intense birth story, holy cow! (And what a baby - making mine look like a lightweight, hee hee)

I'm sorry your plans didn't work out! Be gentle on yourself, and enjoy that new baby. I hope he gets out of the NICU really really soon, it's definitely stressful having a baby in there.

Thinking of you!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• What a big boy! congrats!! 
  • Congratulations. I'm so sorry you didn't have the birth experience you hoped for and that your LO is back with you quickly.

Sorry to be ignorant but what does TOLAC stand for?

Hope your recovery is swift. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• imageKateLouise:

Congratulations. I'm so sorry you didn't have the birth experience you hoped for and that your LO is back with you quickly.

Sorry to be ignorant but what does TOLAC stand for?

Hope your recovery is swift. 

TOLAC = trial o labor after cesarean 

• Wow Jessi! You did an amazing job growing such a big boy and you definitely gave your VBAC attempt every chance in the world. You were so brave and dedicated towards your natural birth plans. I hope with time you can be proud of your efforts even though they didn't end the way you hoped. It's a good thing your DS stayed inside 41 weeks, it will definitely help his breathing recover faster and get him home with you where he belongs. I hope both of you have a smooth recovery and can get some much needed rest. Congrats Mama! You were a true natural birth warrior and set a great example for all of us who followed your story.
  • imagejulyjennifer:

All your efforts are of great value--you cooked that babe till he was ready to be born, and I hope you can have peace about his birth knowing you gave the VBAC your best shot and made informed decisions about how you wanted to birth your baby.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

I hope he is back with you soon and I cannot wait to see a photo!  I bet he is super cute.  

Get some rest Mama- it is well earned.  ::hugs::  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I'm so sorry your birth plan didn't turn out like you hopped and prepared for and even more sorry your squishy lil baby isn't in your arms! Hugs to you mama- Congrats on your newest lil guy and becoming a family of 4!  You did good :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Congrats on the birth of your son! 

I am sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted it to. It sounds like you did all you could. I hope you are reunited soon. Being separated from DD was the worst experience ever. You'd think they would figure out a better way to keep LOs healthy that didn't involve separation. {hugs}

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageHarper'smom:

Congratulations mama! I'm so sorry the VBAC didn't happen but wow it sounds like you really gave it everything you had, leading up to the birth and while in labor, and I hope you take pride in that. 11lbs 12oz is no joke!

I hope your son gets released from the NICU soon and that your recovery goes well. I want to give you a great big E-hug for everything you have been through to get this baby here and the courage you had to go for it in the first place.

This exactly (hug and all). That is one amazing story. I hope your big sweet boy is in your arms soon! Congratulations on your growing family.

• imageHarper'smom:

Congratulations mama! I'm so sorry the VBAC didn't happen but wow it sounds like you really gave it everything you had, leading up to the birth and while in labor, and I hope you take pride in that. 11lbs 12oz is no joke!

This exactly (hug and all). That is one amazing story. I hope your big sweet boy is in your arms soon! Congratulations on your growing family.

• Congratulations on your baby boy!  I hope you guys get to be together very soon.  I'm sorry things didn't go as you'd hoped for his birth, but I am in awe of your strength.  Good job, mama!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on your baby boy. Sorry the VBAC did not go as you had planned/hoped.
    imageimage
  • Congratulations!!!  Since I starting lurking here on the NB board months ago, I have so much enjoyed reading your posts and your input when I've had questions and I've been thinking about you and baby a lot the past couple weeks.  I'm sorry that things didn't go the way you planned and that you have to be separated from your DS right now, but I'm glad both of you are safe and sound.  So proud of you!

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
  • oh my goodness that's a big baby!!!   Sorry you had to go through all of that, I know you were really hoping for a VBAC.  Hope your little boy is able to get out of the NICU soon, and you both have a smooth recovery :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Congrats on your baby boy! I hope by now baby and mom are reunited and doing well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, congrats momma for sticking hard with it for so long! Hoping he makes it a quick visit to the NICU and can be with you soon. You are a rockstar!
  • Congrats on your big boy! Hope you got to hold him soon after. Proud of you for sticking to your natural birth plan for so long and ultimately making the best decision for a healthy mom and baby :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • i'm so sorry to hear that you did not get the birth that you've been planning and hoping for. i know how hard you worked and how much you prepared. take the time you need to grieve if you feel a loss. it's completely natural. 

i hope Keegan is able to come home soon! please keep us posted if you find the time/energy!

i hope your healing process is quick and easy. best wishes and lots of virtual hugs! you did a great job, mama! 

• imageLindseyJW:

i'm so sorry to hear that you did not get the birth that you've been planning and hoping for. i know how hard you worked and how much you prepared. take the time you need to grieve if you feel a loss. it's completely natural. 

i hope Keegan is able to come home soon! please keep us posted if you find the time/energy!

i hope your healing process is quick and easy. best wishes and lots of virtual hugs! you did a great job, mama! 

All of this.  You did a great job, I hope that you get to be with Keegan soon.

• Wow, you are a warrior woman! You did such an amazing job. Congratulations on your son.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Congratulations!  I'm sorry you didn't have the experience you wanted.  Praying for your sweet boy.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"