Blended Families
Options

Advice Needed Please.

Hello Everyone! Im new here! I am about 6 weeks along with my third child. I have two older children 9 and 6 from a previous marriage and I am scared to death to tell my children I am pregnant. I worry how they will react and how this will all affect them. Any suggestions from anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks so much :)

Re: Advice Needed Please.

• Options

Congratulations!! 

I have no advice, but I know my DD tells me often that she wishes I would have a baby, maybe they will be totally excited. 

• Options

My son was 4 when we found out we were pregnant. We waited until I was about 13 weeks (just after the NT scan) before we told him we were going to have a baby. 

We really emphasized his part in things. We told him that he would be the big brother, and that his little sister would love him and look up to him. We told him that this was HIS sister, and it was his job to teach her things, and to take care of her, and help her.

He really likes feeling like he's special to her, and he's a wonderful brother. Now he's 7 and she's 2, and he really looks out for her. He plays with her, and sometimes even makes her breakfast in the morning. =)

The bicker and fight like all siblings, and he's sometimes jealous of the attention she gets, or the fact that she doesn't have homework or whatever. But he has never taken it out on her. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"