Special Needs

1st ARD and IEP for PDD-NOS 3 yr old

My son is 3 yrs old, and diagnosed with PDD-NOS. He's very verbal and his main issues are social and behavioral, although not aggresion, just non-compliance. I am about to have our first ARD for a PPCD program at our public elementary school and wanted to know what to expect. Are there any tips or thoughts anyone can share with us? Thanks

Re: 1st ARD and IEP for PDD-NOS 3 yr old

• It really depends on how your school system is run. For us it was very simple. I brought in all paperwork on my son that I had at the time. All diagnosis forms, tests, etc. He was already going to therapy through EI so I brought in updated statuses from his therapists as well. Do you have a number you can call to ask them what paperwork they require for considering him for the program? It barely took any time at all for us. It was just a preliminary thing to get things moving and things submitted to the appropriate places.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh that was for the ARD. The IEP meeting took place later at the school. Based on his needs, they let us know what they offer and set up some basic goals for him, That took a little longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"