Breastfeeding

And I'm Done!!

My goal was one year - DD  never got over her nursing strike when she was 8 months old, so the past 4 months I've been hooked up to the pump - which helped me develop a healthy hatred for the thing (but grateful to have it so that I could still provide for DD). With a huge freezer stash, I decided to stop pumping 1 week before DD turns 1 so that we had enough to help her transition to WCM.

Well, today I just finished my last pump and I am so happy to not feel like a cyborg any more! I was so looking forward to this day! I hope everyone else is able to meet (or if you want to exceed) your BFing goals. Happy Friday!

Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: And I'm Done!!

• Congrats on the accomplishment! Can I just ask you how you stopped pumping? Did you drop your sessions one by one? How long between the time you dropped sessions? I am going to stop EPing soon and so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sure! Now I don't know if this will work for everyone, but when DD went on her nursing strike I was already pumping at work 3 times a day (the mother's room as a work station I can plug my laptop into, so I was lucky that way) and would nurse 2-3 times when I got home. So my schedule was:

6:30 - pump

10:30 pump

2:30 - pump 

4:15 ish nurse

7:00 nurse (DD goes to bed at this time and is SSTN)

At around 8 months, the never ending nursing strike started and I pumped 4x a day - basically I took out the 4:15 nursing and did a pump at 7 (got about 30 oz a day (give or take a few).

At around 10 months I dropped a pump so that I went 6 hrs between each pumping session (got about 25 oz a day). At 11 months I did a pump session once every 12 hrs and did that for two weeks (got about 13-16 oz a day). Last weekend I dropped my nighttime pump and only pumped in the morning (got about 8-9 oz a day). 

We will see what tomorrow brings in terms of being uncomfortable. I hope it isn't too bad. But I'm glad I'm not going cold turkey from getting 30 oz a day to not pumping at all Smile I hope this slow down helps!

Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!! :)

I really hope I can make it that far!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemichelle142:

Congrats!!! :)

Ditto all this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!  What a wonderful goal, and I'm impressed you kept going with the pump after her nursing strike. 

I'm going on 6 months strong of EPing, hoping for at least another 6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecottonlily84:
    imagemichelle142:

Congrats!!! :)

Ditto all this!

Both of you good luck!! It's not easy, but I'll be honest - when I got tired of it, I used chocolate as my motivator. Yes - I used a selfish motivator, but I love the calories BFing burns! I could eat a little this and a little that and still drop lbs or stay on track Wink

• imageMs5586:

Congratulations!  What a wonderful goal, and I'm impressed you kept going with the pump after her nursing strike. 

I'm going on 6 months strong of EPing, hoping for at least another 6 months.

Hooray!! And good luck!

• Congrats to your success! It is such a huge accomplishment and feels amazing to know what all we sacrificed to get to this point. There is so much work involved but is very much worth every bit of it. Here's hoping your not in too much pain during the drying up processes. I'm on day 3 and I'm starting to get pretty soar.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"