Attachment Parenting
Options

Is anyone taking the bar in July 2012?!?!?

I'm graduating evening law school in May, and planned on taking the month of July off from my full time job to study for the Bar in July.  I'm due 8/18... little nervous!  Anyone in or been in this boat?

Re: Is anyone taking the bar in July 2012?!?!?

• Options

I took the bar in 2006.  I had my first child 5/30 and took the bar that summer.  I took the prep class that had books and a DVD option,  so I didn't actually have to attend.  It worked great because I could do it at my own convenience.  If your LO does come early, it shouldn't be a big deal.  Newborns generally sleep most of the time.  Have your DH be prepared that there will be a push around the time of the exam and you will need help-- especially that he handle night wakings so you can be sure to get the rest you need to cram the junk you need in your head =)  The exam was at a convention center near my house and DH even brought DS at lunchtime so I could feed him and pump.  

Don't stress!  It will all work out.   

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

Ugh, I decided last minute to go ahead and take the July 2012 bar, I'm second guessing my decision!  DS is 10 months old, and I feel like I'm running around with my head cut off half of the time...I'm not sure how I'm going to fit "studying for the bar" into our schedule.  It seemed like a huge task and then accomplishment to just get the application filled out on time! 

I guess just cross your fingers that your LO doesn't show up early, and in retrospect I think it is probably better to just get it out of the way before LO arrives! Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not the same boat, but there were a ton of pregnant women taking the bar with me when I took it in 2007.  Good luck!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice!!!!  Sorry this is late, I'm somehow only now seeing these responses!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"