Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Does HCG have to reach zero for new cycle to start?

After a natural miscarriage/bleed, does your HCG have to go down to zero before you start the next cycle, cycle day one, the beginning of a new cycle or can you start developing an egg for that cycle before HCG reaches zero?

Re: Does HCG have to reach zero for new cycle to start?

• Options
    From what my OB told me, my HCG levels will need to have dropped to almost zero, if not zero, in order for ovulation to occur. That being said, I took an hpt on Saturday with a wondfo (they are super sensitive) and got a very very faint +, but I think I may have ovulated yesterday which would be around the normal time I would ovulate in my cycle... so who knows!

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options
    I don't really know how that works, but I would *think* your HCG has to be below 5; I believe above 5 indicates an early stage of pregnancy.  I'll be interested to see if anyone else knows for sure though!
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebehapy2day:
    From what my OB told me, my HCG levels will need to have dropped to almost zero, if not zero, in order for ovulation to occur. That being said, I took an hpt on Saturday with a wondfo (they are super sensitive) and got a very very faint +, but I think I may have ovulated yesterday which would be around the normal time I would ovulate in my cycle... so who knows!

This is exactly what happend to me, I got  + hpt (super faint, but still there) the same day my chart showed I O'd.  I got my period exactly when I expected...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Actually, no it does not although doctors would like to tell you otherwise. Two times I have ovulated while still having HCG in my system. Although it does have to be under 25, in my opinion. My doctor tried to tell me there was no way I was ovulating when I said I was but sure enough, my period showed up exactly when it should of based on that ovulation...
    TTC since April 2010, age 40, 3 miscarriages in total IVF w/PGD June 2012 - failed cycle with a genetically perfect embryo, unexplained infertility January 2013 - On to adoption!!!
  • Options
    No.  I posted about this last week.  Several women posted experiences of ovulating/cycling before being down to 5 or less.  I am quite sure I ovulated 1.5 weeks ago.  I guess I will see in a few days, LOL.  But at that time my HCG was somewhere btw 73 & 26 based on my weekly testings.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    I don't think so.  I believe I ovulated 2 weeks after my d&C, positive opk, migraine, cm, cp....  Almost 2 weeks later, I had a positive pregnancy test.  And continued to have positive tests for over a week.  Then I started to bleed, so I had AF.  I thought I was miscarrying, but my OB thinks it was residual hormones. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"