Adoption

Received A Call For A Newborn Girl :)

My husband and I are foster/adopt parents. I got a call a few hours ago about a baby girl born on 3/12 6lbs 4 oz.

I was told parents may have mental issues, mother has developlement delays and diabeties. Baby seems stable and healthy so far. No substance abuse.

Has anyone been through this? What questions should I be asking? There is a TDM set for tomorrow at 3pm, I will then know if she will be coming home with us.

Re: Received A Call For A Newborn Girl :)

• Sorry, no advice, but just wanted to say congrats on getting the call! Crossing my fingers for you!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• imageellekae:
    Sorry, no advice, but just wanted to say congrats on getting the call! Crossing my fingers for you!
    Ditto this... I hope this works for you and is a good fit!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope all goes well!!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So exciting!  Good luck! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats, I am an adoptive mom, slightly different circumstances, but also was a fost/adopt situation.  Some things I would recommend that you ask is if there are any extended family that would be potential placements, and if father is involved. Cause typically, they will try to place with family members if they are a suitable placement, before they will place with foster parents. Also ask what kind, if any visitation's are expected and if this is expected to go toward adoption.  If it is probably going toward adoption then I would ask when they are planning terminating parental rights. I would also proceed cautiously and protect your heart, because even though you may be bringing her home, she may not be able to stay and you need to keep this in mind and love her and cuddle her as much as possible and hope that she gets to stay with you.  I want to wish you all the luck.

• imagemommytoconnor:

Congrats, I am an adoptive mom, slightly different circumstances, but also was a fost/adopt situation.  Some things I would recommend that you ask is if there are any extended family that would be potential placements, and if father is involved. Cause typically, they will try to place with family members if they are a suitable placement, before they will place with foster parents. Also ask what kind, if any visitation's are expected and if this is expected to go toward adoption.  If it is probably going toward adoption then I would ask when they are planning terminating parental rights. I would also proceed cautiously and protect your heart, because even though you may be bringing her home, she may not be able to stay and you need to keep this in mind and love her and cuddle her as much as possible and hope that she gets to stay with you.  I want to wish you all the luck.

This is great advice!

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageellekae:
    Sorry, no advice, but just wanted to say congrats on getting the call! Crossing my fingers for you!

Triple this! Big Smile

• MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE A BABY BUT I MISS CARRIED IN 2007 WE THOUGHT ABOUT ADOPTING BUT WE DONT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY IS BEING A FOSTER PARENT A GOOD THING TO DO?
  • The next day the worker told us an Aunt came forward. They said they will be discharging her on Tuesday (today) to the Aunt pending background being passed. I haven't got a call, I am assuming she was discharged to the Aunt. Happy yet sad :/ Had last visit from home study worker last night. So now we wait for a call :)

• CheleChele member
    I'm so sorry this didn't work out. 
    10/27/07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"