Special Needs

Levoxyl

Anyone have a LO on Levoxyl for hypothyroidism?  DD was just put on it last week.  What time of day do you give LO this med?  She was up a portion of last night with stomach cramps and just overall not able to sleep:(  I'm wondering if I should give it to her in the morning rather than before bed.  Anyone have any experience?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
BFP 6/1/14  --  Blighted Ovum: 7/9/14  --  D&C: 7/10/14
BFP 3/26/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy: 3/30/15

Re: Levoxyl

• Thank you for responding.

He said that we didn't have to worry about the take on an empty stomach because she is so tiny and she is eating all the time.  But I have tried to give it to her without food and such.  I do know about the vitamins, and have been giving them at opposite times.

He did not mention anything to me about soy formula but that is good to know.  I'll ask him more in detail about some of these things you have brought up. I will definitely keep an eye on her symptoms and if they persist will be in contact with the Dr very soon.  Thanks so much for your help.  We are so overwhelmed with all this testing and such that she's going through now that I think I only hear half of what is told to me...even though I try to write everything down. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    BFP 6/1/14  --  Blighted Ovum: 7/9/14  --  D&C: 7/10/14
    BFP 3/26/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy: 3/30/15

• Ds has been on a very low dose since birth since he had an elevated TSH at his newborn screening, though we actually think he doesn't need it. The plan is to keep him on it until he is 2 and then try to wean him off and see if his levels stay normal. Anyhow, I take this too and have since 19 for hypothyroidism. All it does is replace what should naturally be there, so you really shouldn't see many side effects except for feeling more normal. We crush up ds's dose and actually stick it in a little cracker and cheese sandwich that he eats at breakfast since it's the only way to get him to take it. However, as an adult, I know the best way to take it is in the morning on an empty stomach about 20 min before eating. It's also suggested that it is spaced out from any vitamins with iron since that could decrease the absorption.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"