VBAC

Placenta previa?

TwizzleTwizzle member

Hi everyone,

So far I have only lurked on this board but I am hoping for a VBAC after having a c/s with my son.  I had planned to go med-free and was really disappointed and depressed about having the c/s.

I was feeling hopeful about VBAC until our anatomy scan today, when I found out that I have a slight placenta previa.  All the perinatologist told me is that they will need to monitor it and I have another u/s scheduled in a month.

Unfortunately I just read an article on placenta previa on babycenter and now I am completely freaked out because of the complications, like pre-term delivery via c/s, placenta accreta and even the chance of hysterectomy.  I fit some of the risks because I have had the c/s and a D&C.

I guess I am just looking for some positive stories of anyone who had a previa and it either went away on its own or still had a good outcome. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Placenta previa?

• Hopefully your placenta will migrate upwards as your uterus grows over the next several weeks!  Hang in there, as it's still very early! 

I didn't have previa, but I did have a very low-lying placenta with DS found at 19 weeks. It migrated completely out of the way and all the way to the top of my uterus by 27 weeks.  I was monitored with u/s every 3-4 weeks to see its location.  

FX your placenta moves up quickly! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I had a complete previa in my second pregnancy that resolved on its own, and I had a successful VBAC at term.  I know this is easier said than done, but try not to worry.  Even with your risk factors, the odds are still really good that you will have no accreta and the previa will go away.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had previa with DD2 and it never moved a millimeter. However , I'm a freak like that ;). 95% of previa move by delivery. I had DD2 at 33w4d.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebabyike:

I didn't have previa, but I did have a very low-lying placenta with DS found at 19 weeks. It migrated completely out of the way and all the way to the top of my uterus by 27 weeks.  

Yep, I had low-lying/marginal previa with my first, but it had moved up by 32 or so weeks.

Try not to worry!! 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Sorry to hear. I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa and was on the road to a CS but it clear it self up. Do not worry, most times the previa clear up. GL.
  • Yes
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Thanks everyone, I am starting to feel better about it after talking to my midwife this morning.  For those of you who had a previa, were you on pelvic rest until it resolved?  The perinatalogist was sort of wishy-washy about whether I need to be on pelvic rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I asked about pelvic rest and my doctor said it was not necessary at that point. He warned me that I would probably continue to spot, possibly a lot, and to call if it turned to heavy bleeding (which thankfully did not happen).  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My OB was wishy-washy about pelvic rest until my small bleed at 30 weeks. I put myself on pelvic rest at 19 weeks though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"