Adoption

What a crazy day!

After spending the weekend lazing around the neighborhood, I was antsy to get to the US embassy today.  We had heard that they only receive visa applications on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but I was pretty sure that was for Peruvians wanting to immigrate/visit the US, and that US citizens adopting abroad were given priority.  So I had both our lawyer and our agency try to contact someone to find out if there was a way we could do it sooner.  As of late this morning, we still hadn't heard anything, and I decided to take J to the zoo.

We took a 45 minute taxi ride out there, and just as we got to the entrance gate, I received a call telling me that we'd been granted a 3 p.m. meeting at the embassy!   We had exactly 2 hours to run through the zoo and eat before returning to the apartment.

It's so hot here, I quickly showered and changed.  Just as I was expecting our lawyer to pick me up for the meeting, he called to tell me he was across town, collecting the certified copies of the abandonment decree from the judge.  Luckily, the firm's driver was on his way to me with the packet for the embassy, even though he had somewhere else to be.  J and I hopped a cab to the embassy, and got there just in time.

When returned home, our lawyer remembered we needed passport photos for the visa.  We ran out to get them, but they said they needed an hour to process them, so J and I returned home again, only to return later to pick them up.  We made the 20-minute walk over about two hours later, and the photos still weren't ready.  I was unhappy because I know it only takes a few minutes, and they went ahead and processed them while we waited.

At that point it was late and we went to a nearby restaurant for dinner.  We walked home, and it was all I could do to wait the half-hour until J's bedtime.  I feel like I've been all over creation today.

We have J's embassy doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning.  If everything goes well, all that will remain is our final visa interview.  If there are no delays, we may be able to leave Peru by the end of the week!

Re: What a crazy day!

• Sounds like a whirlwind of a day!! 

So glad that you should be able to come home by the end of the week :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageArt Teacher:

Sounds like a whirlwind of a day!! 

So glad that you should be able to come home by the end of the week :)

this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Praying  for the rest of the process to be smooth and the trip home to be safe!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Sheesh I feel tired for u!! Hope u can get home soon!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagefredalina:
    Just think about how much you got accomplished today, and how it means you may get home days sooner (by bypassing the weekend). How is J doing so far? I was glad to hear M is adjusting well but haven't heard much about J. I'm sure we'll hear more once you're home and settling, I'm just having trouble waiting ;).

This this this! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Yippee... for a potential early return!!

How's J handling the chaos of it all??
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"