Multiples
Options

Did anyone not have bedrest?

I'm almost 18 weeks with my twins and I'm just curious if there are any MoMs out there who weren't put on bedrest?  Obviously I'll do whatever is needed to keep my twins healthy, but the idea of bedrest terrifies me... I'd much rather be at work with my feet up than have to lay at home and be bothered by our puppy all day ;)

Re: Did anyone not have bedrest?

• Options
    No, I didn't have any bed rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't. There are plenty of us that had no bedrest or complications.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my triplets, I didn't have bed rest until two days before they were born (at 33w), but I was pulled from work and told to "take it easy" at 22 weeks.
  • Options
    I didn't. I delivered at 34 weeks. I wonder if I took it easier maybe they would have been born a little later.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So far I haven't. Still working full time.
    my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I didn't.  I was at work with my feet up until 34 weeks, 3 days...then my doc decided I was done with work (but not on bedrest) and 4 days later I was induced. 
  • Options
    Nope, no bed rest.  Still waiting to kick these guys out but I don't think they'd put me on BR at this point, they'd just deliver the boys if there was an issue.
  • Options
    I didn't. I worked until I delivered at 37 weeks 1 day.
  • Options

Hope I'm not jinxing myselfSmile

No bedrest for me yet.  I'm still working full time (desk job).  I like getting out to go to work b/c it takes my mind off of discomfort I'm feeling, but by the end of the day, I"m exhausted!  No plans to stop work though!

Good luck!

*P/SAIFW* TTC since 1/08 Clomid, 2 IUIs, 4 IVFs, FET 7 losses Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No bedrest here either. I was working full time (office job) until 28 weeks, part time until 37 weeks and delivered them at 38 weeks.
    TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

Worked the week the girls were born, no bedrest, induced at 37 weeks.

That being said - no prescribed bedrest does not mean I was up and running around.  You will absolutely need to take it easy.  By the end, I was too uncomfortable to go the grocery store, walk the dog, clean the house etc. 

• Options
    This exactly. But towards the end I was so large and uncomfortable/in pain that even though I wasn't on bed rest, I didn't move from the couch much. 
  • Options
    I was induced at 37 weeks and both girls were over 7 lbs and I had no bedrest. I had my OB write me off of work at 34 weeks, so I relaxed during those last three weeks, but I was never put on bedrest. I hope to avoid it with this next set of twins too, since I have no idea how I could do bedrest while chasing after 2, three year olds, but we'll see.
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    no - im 35w2d. no bedrest the whole time. 
  • Options
    I was never on bedrest, worked up until the day before my water broke at 37 weeks with a 45 min walk/train commute, and was even able to do a 3 hr flight to a conference at 30 weeks with my OB's approval. I gave myself more time to do everything so I wouldn't overdo it, but I was also just lucky that I had no complications.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesdb421:
    I was induced at 37 weeks and both girls were over 7 lbs and I had no bedrest. I had my OB write me off of work at 34 weeks, so I relaxed during those last three weeks, but I was never put on bedrest. I hope to avoid it with this next set of twins too, since I have no idea how I could do bedrest while chasing after 2, three year olds, but we'll see.

Just curious - when you stopped working at 34 weeks, did you stop working all together, or did you work from home?  If you worked from home, did your employer make you count it as the start of your maternity leave?  I'm quickly reaching the point where I'm so uncomfortable commuting (and doing a lot of walking) to and from my desk job in D.C., that I am thinking about getting a doctor's note this week.

• Options
    I'm a teacher and I pray I finish out this school year! I do not want bedrest!!
  • Options

i was never on bedrest with my twins- which was a shock to me and my doc- b/c i WAS on bedrest with my singleton (it was more like a house-arrest, he really wanted me off my feet and not doing anything- but i didn't have to lay all day).

I DID however take it very easy my whole twin pregnancy - any chance i had to sit down- i took it.  I put my feet up every chance i had... I didn't stand for prolonged periods of time... My OB gave me a disabled parking permit to use while working (since i park and walk in/out of buildings all day- he didn't want me doing too much, and slipping on ice/snow)... and I think that helped a lot.  I made it to 38w1d with no signs of labor.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I am having my babies in two weeks and was never ordered to bed rest. However, I did take the spring semester off of grad school (too many variables about whether or not I would actually get to finish the semester before the babies arrived) and have been listening to my body and seeing how I feel and taking it as easy as I need to. I think it's made a huge difference in my babies being great sizes and my pregnancy being relatively complication free.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nope, none for me.

I did take it easy my whole pregnancy.  When I was working full time my doctor told me as soon as I was home I needed to keep my feet up all night, and do it as much as possible during the day under my desk.  She reduced my hours at 24 weeks ( restricted 8 hour days, and 5 hours in office, 3 hours out), and then pulled me out of work at 30 weeks to rest and take it easy. 

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCount Choculitis:

imagesdb421:

Just curious - when you stopped working at 34 weeks, did you stop working all together, or did you work from home?  If you worked from home, did your employer make you count it as the start of your maternity leave?  I'm quickly reaching the point where I'm so uncomfortable commuting (and doing a lot of walking) to and from my desk job in D.C., that I am thinking about getting a doctor's note this week.

It was the start of my maternity leave, but I knew that I wouldn't be returning to work, so I gave my notice shortly after the babies were born. If I had been returning, I would have taken unpaid leave, so that I could make sure I had enough time after the birth...

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

No bedrest here. I left my job at 17 weeks (I was working weekends at TRU and Xmas season was starting) and stayed at home with our then 4 year old. If I didn't have to be up walking around I was relaxing on our couch. I was still out running errands or eating at restaurants the weekend before I delivered. I delivered at 37w2d. Good luck! 

Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!  I feel like everyone who finds out I'm having twins wants to put me on bedrest like tomorrow and everyone also keeps telling me I'm going to have preemies... people are so rude!  It's nice to hear from people who have gone through it.  I have a desk job but I have been taking it easy when I get home as well (not that I have the energy to do much anyways!). 
  • Options
    Not for me either.
  • Options
    None for me.  I was working from home and got laid off when I was about 20 weeks.  I just took it easy for the remainder of my pregnancy.  I had a scheduled c-section at 37w5d.  No complications either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageFridleyMom12:
    Thanks everyone!!!  I feel like everyone who finds out I'm having twins wants to put me on bedrest like tomorrow and everyone also keeps telling me I'm going to have preemies... people are so rude!  It's nice to hear from people who have gone through it.  I have a desk job but I have been taking it easy when I get home as well (not that I have the energy to do much anyways!). 

I got this all the time until recently - on both accounts. I have one co-worker that keeps saying "no one pregnant with twins can work full time". Well, I am still here. Granted, I am getting more and more uncomfortable, but I am still here.

I am motivated by wanting to save all my 12 weeks of FMLA for when the babies arrive if I can help it.

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• Options

imageKittycat196:
    I didn't. I delivered at 34 weeks. I wonder if I took it easier maybe they would have been born a little later.

Same here but i delivered at 33w 4d

• Options
    No bedrest here.... even worked until 36 weeks and then just sat on the couch for the two weeks before then finally arrived via scheduled c-section.
  • Options
    I was not officially put on bed rest but I was told at different points to really take it easy and rest most of the day. I am a teacher and stopped working at 17 weeks for the summer and didn't go back in the fall. If I had continued to work, my OB would likely have put me on bed rest.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    No bedrest.  Went to 34wks 4days...had 5lb 10oz and a 7lb baby boys.  I stayed as active as I could which I think helped get me as far as I did.  GL!
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    no  bed rest here. I stopped working at 28wks but only bc I couldn't bend over my huge belly anymore to do my job LOL my ob also thought it was better at that point to take things nice and easy. I was induced 38w3d, I had a super healthy easy pregnancy and the babies were great til the last month, baby A stopped growing and baby B gained 3lbs 5oz! They are both healthy and happy...good luck!!! :)
  • Options
    No bedrest here. I quit my job to be a SAHM at 31 weeks and was getting pretty uncomfortable at that point (had a long commute). I guess I kinda unofficially went on bedrest then, since I mainly laid around the house and napped. Wink I delivered at 37w exactly. GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    30 weeks here and no BR yet.  Went to the OB today and things still look good!  I'm a nurse and still work on my feet about 32 hours a week. 
  • Options
    Nope, I worked full time on my feet as an elementary school teacher until my scheduled c-section at 37w3d. No complications. There are plenty of success stories out there so there's hope! :)
  • Options

At 34 wks, I put myself on bedrest only bc I could work from home and was getting very tired.  Also, I was a bit big and didn't feel comfortable driving alone.  Turned out at the end of that wk, I was hosptialized for HBP which resulted in preE.  Luckily I was home and bored bc I took my own BP and was told I had to go to L&D immediately.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No bed rest here.  But my water broke at 33w4d so who knows if I would have gone on it if that didn't happen.  I had zero problems with the pregnancy and boom my water just broke....it was very strange.

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"