Snarky and T-TTC
Options

My H wants to give up :(

I hate that things are coming to this. He was scared to death when I had emergency surgery, and he's terrified that it'll happen again and he'll lose me. He said he's willing to do our FET, but *if* I didn't want to, he'd be happy walking away now.

It's so hard and it raises so many other questions. Since he is ready to give up, he's now worried that I won't be able to and he'll lose me because I'll want to keep trying.

I really feel like emotionally and financially I'm spent. And I do think that at one time I'll need to close this chapter and move on. I just don't know how I'll do that.

That was long and there's really no major point. I just hate this and all the major decisions that come along with it. I need a stiff drink!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My H wants to give up :(

• Options
    Oh Katt, I'm so sorry you are struggling with all this.  Like this stuff isn't hard enough to deal with as it is, but when you and your H aren't on the same page...I pray with all my heart that your FET is a success and you won't have to face such a situation.  Regardless, I hope you two can come to a decision and choice that you are both comfortable with.  ((BIG HUGE HUGS))  I am here for you!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Katt. I just want to give you a big hug. So here's a virtual one (( HUG)). They removed the tube if I remember right? That should decrease your chances of having another tubal. Did you have problems with the other tube? I know any decision isn't an easy one. I hope the right decision will become clear for you both soon. 
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    {{hugs}} I'm sorry.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

(((hugs)))  Hope you can come to some sort of resolution that makes both of you happy.

Your DH and mine have a similar mindset it seems.  My DH is now opposed to ttc #2 again since our IVF last May when I had the abdominal hemorrhage following ER and ended up in the hospital.  He thinks that trying for a baby = me possibly dying now.  I can't seem to persuade him that there is little chance of that happening. 

IF sucks.  I hate that all of us have to deal with this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) I'm sorry you guys are in this position. I hope you can come to a decision you both feel good about.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    imageStacy092306:

He thinks that trying for a baby = me possibly dying now.

This is exactly how he feels. I guess I'm comforted knowing other men feel the same.
  • Options

imageJenny829:
    Oh Katt, I'm so sorry you are struggling with all this.  Like this stuff isn't hard enough to deal with as it is, but when you and your H aren't on the same page...I pray with all my heart that your FET is a success and you won't have to face such a situation.  Regardless, I hope you two can come to a decision and choice that you are both comfortable with.  ((BIG HUGE HUGS))  I am here for you!

This exactly!  (((hugs))) 

• Options

I'm so sorry. ((Big Hugs)) Do you think he's be willing to talk to a therapist with you? It might be helpful for someone to give a little outside perspective. 

I hope y'all are able to get on the same page soon. ((more hugs)) 

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, it shouldn't be so difficult :(
  • Options

imageSerendipitie:
    I'm so sorry, it shouldn't be so difficult :(

((hugs))

• Options
    I've been there.  I hope you don't give up but maybe a little time will help.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    :( I'm so sorry kat. I'm really praying that the FET will be it for you. Lots of (((hugs))). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    gidgegidge member

I'm so sorry :(

(((hugs)))

• Options

::hugs::

I am so very sorry you are in this position.

Thinking of you. 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board