Special Needs

Those with iPads - which apps?

We just got the new iPad for DS1 and I'm so used to Android, not sure what apps are good for a 2.5 year old with ASD. He's verbal and love shapes, letters, numbers, music, songs, etc. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with iPads - which apps?

• obviously in moderation... but DD enjoys lunchbox and my playhome. Lunchbox is good for shapes/numbers/matching, while my playhome is great for acting out typical scenes at home... both my girls enjoy that one, actually!

When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? ~Pam Brown
    Big Girl 2.7.06 ~ Baby Girl 9.2.07
    image7_0002
  • Lunchbox

Injini- kinda speedy but DS really likes it. It's good for working on fine motor skills.

Pbs kids- used to watch short videos from PBS. It calms DS and

Helps him relax. I know that probably sounds weird. But everyday when we get home from his intensive autism day treatment I let him watch for 15 mins.  

Tappy tunes

Zoola baby- helps identify animals and te sounds they make.

See me potty- social story for learning to use the potty. It shows the scenario of when u first have to go potty and walks through all of the steps and it also has a scenario when the avatar has an accident. Love this app and so does DS! You can customize the avatar to look somewhat like your child. Wen we first got the app DS started requesting to sit I his potty.  

I'll post more when I get home from work. I'm on my iPhone right now and I can't remember all of the good apps we have for DS.  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your suggestions!

Auntie - I am quite aware of limiting his screen usage. We use the iPad as his biggest reinforcement in his ABA sessions. We don't ever give it to him free of use. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nate's favorites are:

Zoo Train

Ininji (sp?) Trial version

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Tickle Tap 1 and 2

I have also heard good things about Tap to Talk as a cheap way to do PECS

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"