VBAC
Options

High Risk Vbac?

I have T1 diabetes and considered high risk. I really want to avoid a rcs and have a vbac. I was unsuccesfully induced last time at 39 weeks bc of the diabetes and risk of still born baby. This time around my dr office said a vbac is totally possible but they wont induce a vbac or let me go longer than 39 weeks.  According to the ultrasound tech my cervix is a 'mile' long.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any adivce? Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: High Risk Vbac?

• Options

The biggest obstacle is obviously the 39 week deadline. If the baby is not ready, there's not a whole lot you can do. You can try all the OWTs and natural induction methods.  I was planning to start induction accupuncture around 39-40 weeks.  I'd talk to your doctor and see if they would consider a little bit of pitocin, if you made some progress on your own.

I wouldn't worry too much about your cervix being a mile long - you have a ways to go.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They won't induce for VBAC at all?  If a VBAC is important to you I'd see if it's too late to switch offices.  Every doctor at my office will induce if you are enough dilated for them to break your water and then administer Pitocin - my specific OB goes further and says that if she can get a Foley catheter in there she's perfectly fine trying (she is the most pro-VBAC in the office but all the drs will do them).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"