May 2011 Moms
Options

What's you bed time routine?

A few days ago some mentioned they don't bathe everyday, I can't imagine not bathing DS everyday (some days is just a "water bath"), only because it has become such big part of our bed time routine. So I'm just curious what's your routine?

Re: What's you bed time routine?

• Options

Bottle, goodnight kiss for mommy and daddy, wash face/hands/teeth with a washcloth, turn on ihome with nightlight and wave sounds, (sometimes insert story here...depending on the day), and then lay down in crib, turn on seahorse and give security blanket.  The end.  :)  

I was giving him baths everyday when he was going to big day care center because he always seemed dirty.  Since switching to an in-home, he's not dirty like that anymore so baths are only 2-3 times a week.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

At 7:45, put her in her pajamas and sleep sack, read a book, feed her a bottle and she passes out.  Or she babbles at me for 10 min and then passes out.  Afterwards, I lay her in her crib, so she is sleeping by 8:15-8:30.

On bath night (prob 3x a week), we start at 7:30 with bath first, then continue as usual.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bath, brush teeth, read 2-3 books, nighttime music and nursing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    On bath nights (which is every-other night), bath starts at about 8. She gets to play for quite a while in the tub, then plays some more after bath. She gets a bottle at about 8:45 or 9, usually falls asleep, then goes into her crib. If she doesn't fall asleep, she gets a pacifier and usually falls asleep instantly. On non-bath nights, jammies at 8:30, play for a while, and bottle between 8:45 and 9. We are big on rocking to sleep. It's the only cuddle time we get anymore, and they grow way too fast.
  • Options

Since daylights savings--our routine was swapped around. Before last week our LO was asleep by 6:00-6:15. Now, we give her dinner at about 5:50, bath after dinner (if we are doing it)--if not my husband usually will play with her and spend time with her until she gets exhausted. Around 6:30, I give her a bottle with the lights on in her room. After the bottle, we read books and I put her in her crib around 6:50. She curls up and goes right to sleep. 

Typically she sleeps from about 6:45pm to about 6:30am.  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options

We don't bathe every night due to some skin issues. But we do pj's, bottle, then I carry her around the room while turning lights off, sing to her, soothe her, then put her down in crib :)

and brush teeth haha forgot that

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We don't bath every night either. 

Typically our routine looks like this:

Dinner at 6pm, Nurse at 7pm, Either bath or play time from 7pm to 7:45pm then it's  PJs, Nurse again, Storytime - we read 3 or 4 books and always end with the same book about bedtime. Then I walk around with him in my arms humming a lullaby while we turn out the lights upstairs to get him sleepy and then we move into his room to rock to sleep.  He's usually asleep by 8:15pm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"