1st Trimester

is a bonfire safe?

Our friends are having a huge bonfire Friday night and we really want to see everyone but being 5 weeks along I am not so sure if it is a good idea...

any thoughts?

love, passion, adore, always. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: is a bonfire safe?

• I promise the bonfire won't cook your baby. If you get too hot, just back up. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Um, to watch it? Is there a reason why it wouldn't be safe?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • will they be burning marijuana or chemicals on the bonfire?!  If not, I think you'll be fine.  I wouldn't know why you wouldn't. 

• LOL.  Really?  Hula, this may end up topping what I said earlier about "Am I pregnant" questions being my fav. 

"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J.D. Salinger Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngelLuver_02:
    Are you planning to jump into the bonfire, because if not, i would assume you would be fine. Any reasons as to why you think this wouldn't be okay?

Big Smile

• ::blank stare::

Really? Is this a joke?

• Just stand upwind of the smoke.  Why the hell would it be a problem?
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Unless they are going to be roasting tires over the fire or something, I think you're good.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

my angel babies: 6/10 (chem. pg), 9/10 @ 10 weeks
  • I'm not sure what you're worried about.  Go and have a good time!
  • Now now ladies,  Let her explain.  I am dying to hear her reasons for thinking a bonfire may not be a good idea.  Oh and they had better be some good reasons!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When you say "bonfire" is this code for copious amounts of weed? Will you be roasting yourself on the fire, drinking MGD and performing lewd sex acts on the beach only to be awoken by cops the next morning with a 'gine full of sand?

If so then yes, you can do it.

• Are you planning on roasting your embro? You tell US why you think it wouldnt be safe, im DYING to know!
  • imagebetsnup:
    At this point, you should probably never leave your house for the rest of your pregnancy.

Yes, absolutely!  OP, what were you doing even considering the invite to leave your house?  Bad pregnant momma, bad. 

"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J.D. Salinger Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • omg.  quite possibly one of the funnier "dumb" questions i've seen asked on this board.  next time, please think before posting.  tia.
  • The pp was wrong.....a bonfire will not only cook your baby - it will incinerate it......

• Just make sure you bring an apple to stick in your mouth.  :D
  • imagepivey:

When you say "bonfire" is this code for copious amounts of weed? Will you be roasting yourself on the fire, drinking MGD and performing lewd sex acts on the beach only to be awoken by cops the next morning with a 'gine full of sand?

You sound pretty familiar with this.... is there a story here?

• Please explain to me the activities that will take place at said bonfire b/c I know you are not actually asking if you can, in fact, stand next to a fire while 5 weeks pg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagepivey:

When you say "bonfire" is this code for copious amounts of weed? Will you be roasting yourself on the fire, drinking MGD and performing lewd sex acts on the beach only to be awoken by cops the next morning with a 'gine full of sand?

Is there any other kind?

• are you sure that you ARE in fact pregnant?  I don't believe you. 

I only ask, because it is obvious you are stupid and might need someone to ask the big questions for you.

• imagejamie4duke:
    Just make sure you bring an apple to stick in your mouth.  :D

RAHH HAHAHAHA!  oh crap, i seriously think i just peed a little.  LOLOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

{forever remembered and missed my sweet babe}

*m/c 10/10/10 - 7w0d*

• Don't get in it but dancing around it naked is fine.
  • Why wouldn't it be?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • maybe she means all the smoke from the fire?

honey, wood burning smoke is different from cigarette burning smoke. But if this is what you are worried about, just stand downwind.

please god that this is what she is worried about.

• Get the DVD, it is safer.
  • Um  - Wow - Are you serious?

Why would this not be safe? I really need to hear the reasoning behind this!

• wow sorry I even asked...

I just wasn't sure with all of the smoke generated from a bonfire if it was safe... I know clothes reek of smoke after a bonfire so I wasn't sure...

guess it's safe thanx for all of your thoughts

love, passion, adore, always. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejinjur71:

will they be burning marijuana or chemicals on the bonfire?!  If not, I think you'll be fine.  I wouldn't know why you wouldn't. 

• You didn't answer my question!!!  WHY do you think this would not be okay?!?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBearkatLou:
    imagepivey:

I can't remember but it seems vaguely familiar...perhaps I had a roommate or something that did such a thing...

• imagejinjur71:

will they be burning marijuana or chemicals on the bonfire?!  If not, I think you'll be fine.  I wouldn't know why you wouldn't. 

Ummm... It's not really a bonfire unless you're burning "the marijuana" in it.. hahahhahaa

• imagepretty_helmet:

are you sure that you ARE in fact pregnant?  I don't believe you. 

I only ask, because it is obvious you are stupid and might need someone to ask the big questions for you.

Like "why is the sky blue and the grass green" OR the really important questions like "will the cold water hurt my baby and can i eat nachos?"
  • Nope.  You'll cook your baby!

Kidding.  You'll be fine.

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • imagepivey:
    imageBearkatLou:
    imagepivey:

I can't remember but it seems vaguely familiar...perhaps I had a roommate or something that did such a thing...

Is your "roommate" like the "friend" situation people are asking about.

We....need....details! lol

• I guess parents don't teach "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" anymore.

I understand WHY you're asking and although it might seem like common sense to many people...there is no reason to be ridiculed for being extra cautious. You would be find at a bonfire...don't worry!

• imagerease.:
    imagepivey:
    imageBearkatLou:
    imagepivey:

Is your "roommate" like the "friend" situation people are asking about.

We....need....details! lol

LOL - I wish I did have a story, damnit. But no one I know or associate with drinks MGD...

• imagepivey:
    imageBearkatLou:
    imagepivey:

Riiiiiiiight. Uh huh. Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"