Potty Training
Options

only on day 3 & hate PTing already...anyone else?

Just looking over the post subjects on this board is stressing me out...

I have b/g twins but am only working with DD right now, as DS has shown very little interest either at home or at daycare (3 days/week) other than thinking it is fun to sit on the potty once in awhile. DD seemed very interested, talking about big girl underwear all the time, all the girls in her class are potty trained, I figured it was the right time. She had peed like twice in the past on the potty but we really didn't put much effort into any of it except letting her sit on it when she wanted to.

We went on Sat to pick out underwear, then started wearing it after a talk about telling us if she felt like she had to pee or poop. Pooped in it literally within 60 seconds. Ok, all good. Changed her out, had the talk again. Peed again maybe an hour later. Went on potty one time when I remembered to have her go sit (this is part of the problem, I don't remember unless I set a timer). We went out somewhere so the diaper went on for the rest of the day. Sunday- pretty much same deal, she never told us she had to go, went through a few outfit changes, went a little bit on the potty once or twice. Diaper went on for nap & came off later in the day for a little bit. Had the talk about telling us over & over.

This morning, had the talk yet again about telling us. She had an accident after breakfast. We went & sat on the potty, she peed on it a little bit. Changed the clothes. About 15 min later, an accident again. Had the talk, changed the clothes. Not 20 min later, poop & pee accidnet. Changed the clothes but am frankly about to throw in the towel on this. If we never leave the house I guess this could go on for days and 300 outfits I guess but I can't stay in here all day & if she is not going to ever tell me anything then I'm just going to be stuck w/ a wet carseat & a wet/dirty kid out wherever we are. 

I know. 3 days. I'm whining for sure but I really am hating this already & don't know how to keep it up. Not to mention I'm 100% sure her brother will be even harder when the time comes so to go through this again in the near future is...ugghhhh....

Do you just put the diaper on for leaving the house in the beginning?

How long do you go w/ them never telling you they have to go (even if it results in an accident, I just want her to actually say something first) before you decide you need to take a break?

I'm just being pessimistic about this but just frustrated already :(

Re: only on day 3 & hate PTing already...anyone else?

• Options
    I could have written this post myself. We are on day 3 with ds as well and he basically won't go in the potty unless we take him there. I have no idea how to get him to tell us he has to go.maybe the 3 day method where they go bare bottomed? Ds seems to care less if he has underwear full of poop and pee, so I am wondering if that would do it? You are not alone...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemaui24:
    I could have written this post myself. We are on day 3 with ds as well and he basically won't go in the potty unless we take him there. I have no idea how to get him to tell us he has to go.maybe the 3 day method where they go bare bottomed? Ds seems to care less if he has underwear full of poop and pee, so I am wondering if that would do it? You are not alone...

I have the 3 day document but cannot picture doing this and having to clean everything in the damn house for 3 straight days, not to mention not leaving the house? As it is I just stick her in a diaper to go places. I did have a couple successes later today where she peed twice when I put her on the potty, although again not telling me first and she seems to want to have the water running to do it... then at dinner I got excited b/c she started yelling mommy! i want to go peepee and poopoo on the potty! and i was like, great go go go!!! and she got halfway there & said, i need to wash my hands! and then beelined to a different bathroom that has the stool to wash her hands (it is a small powder room, we dont keep the potty in there b/c no room for it)... then back to the regular bathroom and sat for awhile.. and i realized she really didn't have to go, she just wanted to get up & run around in the middle of dinner. grr.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Are yu rushing her to the bathroom every time she is having an accident? Are you asking her to tell you if she has to go constantly?  Having her understand that she needs to be in the bathroom to go potty is big and each time you need to catch her in the act and run her to the potty. If she finishes in the potty make it a HUGE deal with tons of praise and a reward if you choose. We do an M&M. It's a great motivator.  Good luck and stick with it. 

I would suggest not putting her in a diaper at all even if you absolutely have to go somewhere. It is very confusing to them to know when it is and isn't ok to use the potty.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"