Military Families

Jury Duty Scam?

Have you heard of this yet? Well I feel like we should all be informed! This was on the news, and it?s happening to our men/women coming home from deployment.

Someone calls the service member says they are with the state and they have missed their jury duty summons and there is now a warrant out for their arrest. But if they want to take care of the fine over the phone they can handle that now. All the need is you SSN, BANK ACOUNT number, correct spelling of your name and BIRTH DATE!

Then the service member has their identity stolen! It?s terrible to have happen but even worse to happen to someone who has just been out serving their country for the last 12-18 months!

Just an FYI, if you are called for jury duty and are on deployment, that is considered your service, and at least in the state of CA, they don?t issue warrants for arrest if you NEVER RECEIVE the notice!

This just make me so mad! And I can?t believe it?s happening to our service members! Ugh!!! Ok vent/information sharing over.....

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

Re: Jury Duty Scam?

• How is it possible in this day and age that people still don't know not to give out their SSN and bank account number over the phone, no matter who they think they're talking to. Legit organizations would never ask for that information over the phone. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but any idiot who falls for that shouldn't be given and responsiblities above guarding a latrine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but any idiot who falls for that shouldn't be given and responsiblities above guarding a latrine. 

This.

And furthermore, I doubt it's happening to just service members.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I'll just go ahead & ditto what the other ladies said. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLace&Josh:
    I'll just go ahead & ditto what the other ladies said. 

Yes 

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"